We werent as good as I expected BUT... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We werent as good as I expected BUT...

Finch83

Starter
Reaction score
I think I need to think more rationally. For most of the game, Culpepper was nearly flausless. He read blitzes very well and connected a number of great passes (wes walker and that 3rd down to Chambers...sick!) Also, Culpepper does have a good comp. % but he has been know to turn the ball over and that comes with the territory. I think with more games under his belt, the chemistry will develope.

The secondary is a work in progress. These guys need some time gelling and I should know that. I think they will get their act together. That H.Miller touchdown just made me shake my head though.

I dont care if Batch was the QB, that was a very very hostile enviroment and we let the game out of our hands with 6 minutes left. We can hang with the big boys. This might be all wishful thinking on my behalf but I think Saban will work the tweaks out.

Now lets kick Buffalo's ***

Well said and i agree. Secondary may be a work in progress but they have to stop giving up 80+yds to a TE. That was flat out embarrassing. We competed, we looked good at times, not so good at other times. We'll beat AFC East teams and we will compete to win the division.

Yes< I'm not all 'gloom and doom' yet. There are some problems to work on but overall the team looks promising. The o-line IMO is the weakest link, even more so than our suspect secondary. They (both units) will come together in time.

yeah we were in that game all the way to the wire. obviously there are some kinks to work out. remember we still have problems (secondary/ oline run blocking) but we can't expect to be flawless with a new leader, new coaches and a young secondary.

I didn't like the outcome but Pitts is a great team and batch didn't lose it for them. There were many many things that support the hope that we are going in the right direction.

This guy is still a phin fan and happy with our team. Adjustments will need to be made but they won't come overnight:wink:

Finch83 said:
I think I need to think more rationally. For most of the game, Culpepper was nearly flausless. He read blitzes very well and connected a number of great passes (wes walker and that 3rd down to Chambers...sick!) Also, Culpepper does have a good comp. % but he has been know to turn the ball over and that comes with the territory. I think with more games under his belt, the chemistry will develope.

The secondary is a work in progress. These guys need some time gelling and I should know that. I think they will get their act together. That H.Miller touchdown just made me shake my head though.

I dont care if Batch was the QB, that was a very very hostile enviroment and we let the game out of our hands with 6 minutes left. We can hang with the big boys. This might be all wishful thinking on my behalf but I think Saban will work the tweaks out.

Now lets kick Buffalo's ***

Correction. He was nearly flawless in the 3rd quarter. Up to that point he was short arming, floating, and locking onto recievers. How you missed all that in the 1st and 2nd quarters is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom