Weather - Could they cancel the game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weather - Could they cancel the game?

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
From the Sun Sentinel

Tropical storm's remnants could pay a visit--

Although it fizzled a week ago, the remnants of Tropical Storm Nicholas were expected to take a swipe at South Florida with rain and winds up to 35 mph on Sunday and Monday, as well as dangerous rip currents over the entire weekend.

Games quite simply don't get cancelled.

At worst, Miami would end up playing at a different site on Monday night for the second week in a row.

I really believe that the game will go on as scheduled, though.

Okay - didn't know that. What impact do you think the winds if they are significant will have on Mare? In your opinion, if the game is moved, where would it be moved to?

I would have to think Tampa, Jacksonville, or Atlanta would be the host for the game. Any of them should be close enough to move if things have to get moved. I really do think that's a longshot, though. They could even hold off until Tuesday and play in Miami if they had trouble making other arrangements.

The reason I say games simply don't get cancelled is because of what we saw last week. If the NFL was ever going to cancel one, I think it would have been in that situation. We're just talking about a really crappy weather day in this situation, not something that is life threatening on the scale of those wildfires.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
They will only cancel the game for lightning storms. It doesn't happen often.

You mean postponed or delayed and not actually cancelled, right?

Didn't think about that Jimmy. Of course you're right. Thanks Tailbak. Just call me a gigantic, albeit naive, girl football fan.

I've been going to games for years. Never seen one cancelled or delayed for anything less then a Hurricane.

Wind and rain is not a problem. They'll play. That MNF game vs. the Bears, before the game it flat our poured. Torrential.

We usually for some reason dont really get lightening with tropical storms. Thunderstorms are a different beast, and aint amazingly common football season.

Originally posted by donshula
The Pats always Play when it snows,thats what snowplows
are for

That ain't right, man. Isn't it bad enough that the Dolphins coaches gave you guys the gift of two wins in a row due to pathetic strategy?

Originally posted by donshula
The Pats always Play when it snows,thats what snowplows
are for

LOL, Don Shula and the Finz know alot about snowplows..

GOO FIINNZZ!

:egads: :rolleyes2

Originally posted by njfinfan
Okay - didn't know that. What impact do you think the winds if they are significant will have on Mare? In your opinion, if the game is moved, where would it be moved to?
what i've seen from mare the last 2 weeks, the winds might help!:D

If the weather is crappy it's a huge advantage for us. Colts are a DOME team, and they won't be able to use that speed down here in Miami if the weather sucks.

Back
Top Bottom