Webber signs with Pistons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Webber signs with Pistons

WestCKoastiN

Doogie Howser
Reaction score
Webber will play out the season as a Piston he will wear number 84. is he a WR? CC's number haha

webber_370_070116-1.jpg

He's jinxed now because of that number. He will probably drop the ball when they pass it to him. :shakeno:

It's a good move in that Webber costs nothing and allows them to trade Dale Davis or Antonio McDyess for a player they can use. That said, now that they've acquired Webber, the Pistons have completed their transformation from a great defensive team to a mediocre one in the span of just two seasons. The upside is that Webber's excellent passing should alleviate a lot of the offensive stagnation that any Pistons fan is fully familiar with.

Another note: this seals the fate of Nazr Mohammed as a wasted free agent signing. When he's played, Mohammed has played quite well. Unfortunately, Flip Saunders has a very quick hook with him, and now that Webber's around, he'll play even less, since the logical move would be to use Jason Maxiell as Webber's primary sub, since he has the toughness and defensive chops that Webber lacks.

Mohammed won't have been a complete waste if Dumars can get a decent guard for him. There are plenty of teams out there looking for a 7 footer who can score. I doub't Mcdyess will draw that much interest with the way hes playing.

If you drop McDyess....then the Pistons are basically conceding the East to the Heat.

The Pistons are morphing into the wizards. We all know the Heats record against the Wizards the last 3 years....(16-1)

Mohammed won't have been a complete waste if Dumars can get a decent guard for him. There are plenty of teams out there looking for a 7 footer who can score. I doub't Mcdyess will draw that much interest with the way hes playing.

While that's true, don't forget that McDyess and Davis have much shorter contracts. McDyess expires after next year, Davis's deal expires after this year. Mohammed is on the hook for 4 years after this. That's why I suspect Davis or McDyess is getting moved; nowadays, teams care more about moving contracts than players.

Damn section, you are one ****y dude, even tho were in 8th place

Damn section, you are one ****y dude, even tho were in 8th place

Not ****y...realistic.

Maybe we are in 8th place due to SHAQ missing the whole season, Wade missing 8 games. Posey and J-Will missing 11 each. Toine missing 5. etc...etc...

The heat is 17-13 with Wade in the Lineup. (he played 6 minutes in one of the losses).

The Heat is 13-4 with both J-Will and Wade Healthy. The Heat is 11-1 at full strength minus SHAQ.

The East sucks.

There ya go. Easy trip to the finals.

While that's true, don't forget that McDyess and Davis have much shorter contracts. McDyess expires after next year, Davis's deal expires after this year. Mohammed is on the hook for 4 years after this. That's why I suspect Davis or McDyess is getting moved; nowadays, teams care more about moving contracts than players.

In most cases thats true but Mohammed is an exception. His contract is a bargain....five mil per for a starting center. While Davis probably would be the easiest to move the Pistons wouldn't get much for him. I think Dumars will be shopping Mohammed to replace his real error of the offseason, Flip Murray.

Back
Top Bottom