Webster Will Remain In Tampa Bay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Webster Will Remain In Tampa Bay

Looks like Rick Spielman is SAFE...... for now. I don't think we'll get rid of Spielman this year, but I really do have a feeling that he will be gone next year and Saban will have a candidate in line by then. Do you know if Saban was interested in anyone besides Webster?

painnotpleasure said:
Looks like Rick Spielman is SAFE...... for now. I don't think we'll get rid of Spielman this year, but I really do have a feeling that he might be gone next year and Saban will have a candidate in line by then. Do you know if Saban was interested in anyone besides Webster?
I think Spielman will be gone before the season starts. They need a new guy in that position, so they can start scouting the College players who will be ready for the 2006 draft. The reason Spielman wasn't fired before the draft, is because we didn't want to lose all the research he did that past season.

painnotpleasure said:
Looks like Rick Spielman is SAFE...... for now. I don't think we'll get rid of Spielman this year, but I really do have a feeling that he might be gone next year and Saban will have a candidate in line by then. Do you know if Saban was interested in anyone besides Webster?

He just tried to replace Spielman. I wouldn't say Rick is safe on any level.

Nublar7 said:
I think Spielman will be gone before the season starts. They need a new guy in that position, so they can start scouting the College players who will be ready for the 2006 draft. The reason Spielman wasn't fired before the draft, is because we didn't want to lose all the research he did that past season.
Good analysis. Saban needs to get people he trusts on board before the scouting for next year begins.

I'm sure Webster isn't the only guy Saban is interested in. I would think new candidates will emerge in the near future.

MikeO said:
He just tried to replace Spielman. I wouldn't say Rick is safe on any level.
Yeah, but one more night he could go sleeping "thinking" he's the GM. More than someone us had thought. :lol:

Nublar7 said:

I would think that any scouting information that Rick gathered while employed by the Miami Dolphins, would be considered property of the Miami Dolphins.

There was talk in the past about Nick Saban going after Chris Polian. That is something that could be revisited. There was also some talk about Greg Gabriel, who is with Chicago, as well as Buddy Nix, who is with San Diego.

I'm honestly alright with Spielman for now as the bulk of the decision-making will fall on Saban -- it won't be like Wannstedt. But change is always good and I'm starting to get sick of the buzzcut.

HysterikiLL said:
I'm honestly alright with Spielman for now as the bulk of the decision-making will fall on Saban -- it won't be like Wannstedt. But change is always good and I'm starting to get sick of the buzzcut.

That's not necessarly true. The complexion of the AFCE is about to change. Ask the Pats, Bills and Jets if that's a good thing. :evil:

Back
Top Bottom