We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We’d be crazy to go into next season without 2 competent QB’s

If Gase goes into next season with Moore, he deserves to be fired. Your reasoning is shocking.

Tannehill has never been pushed for his job. It was given to him and everything else didn't seem to matter.

This team would be best served rebuilding it's Oline and bringing in a suitable backup who isn't content just holding a clipboard and getting a tan. At least Don Strock and Scott Mitchell earned their paychecks in Miami.

I never said not to move on to another backup. I'm ambivalent about that. But the idea that a mid-round backup will just inherently be better than more is simply not true, and in all liklihood, you are just wasting a mid-round pick. You want a player to challenge Tannehill?? You gotta use your first round pick in all truth.

I never said not to move on to another backup. I'm ambivalent about that. But the idea that a mid-round backup will just inherently be better than more is simply not true, and in all liklihood, you are just wasting a mid-round pick. You want a player to challenge Tannehill?? You gotta use your first round pick in all truth.

Not true. A lot of serviceable QB’s can come in middle rounds with good scouting.

With the rash of injuries at the QB position around the league, if we keep Moore, expect another season just like this one. We need to bring in some mid round quarterbacks from now on (like many posters here have said)

I agree we might need a better QB to backup Tannehill, Moore may have reached his end point, but we may need to go a bit higher then Mid round... 2nd or 3rd.

Though there will not be any QB that could beat out Tannehill for the starting job if he is able to come back at 100%, even if we used a 1st round, we still could get a good backup in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think it would be great to have a young qb to groom if not a top draft prospect with the ability to really challenge Tannehill fast. However, Moore is probably better than the vast majority of backup qbs around the league at the moment and I hope he's on the roster next season as well.
Me too. Look at that list of hot garbage (minus Prescott). Tells you all you need to know. Moore > than that entire list.

Hopefully enough teams sleep on Baker Mayfield so Dolphins can draft him. I like his moxie.

Not true. A lot of serviceable QB’s can come in middle rounds with good scouting.

I gave you a list of 23 QB's taken in the mid-rounds the last 5 years. Only one is a good starter. Add in the 17 QB's taken in the 6th and 7th round the last five years and you still only have one good starter out of a pool of 40 draft picks. Sure, it is POSSIBLE to get a starting QB after round 2. Cousins and Russell Wilson are examples. But it's not a high percentage gamble at all. Personally, I'd rather use these mid-round picks to solidify my roster at positions that aren't as much of a gamble at that point of the draft and sign a different vet backup if we decide to move on from Moore.

Not a single QB in this draft that would push Tannehill......the only ones who would are the likes of Alex Smith or Cousins....and they will both demand too much money. There is a HUGE decision to be made with Landry, our LB situation (even with return of McMillian) is a bigger issue than QB and the O=Line continues to be the biggest problem of all and Pouncey and James are questionable returns. I like Tannehill and hope he comes back healthy, but there is no better option than Moore out there as a back up and the only other option as far as change is letting Tanne go and going after Smith or Cousins. Sad facts!

Hopefully enough teams sleep on Baker Mayfield so Dolphins can draft him. I like his moxie.

I have a feeling he's gonna go before Miami would pull the trigger on a qb...seems to be some russell Wilson buzz building there

Back
Top Bottom