Wednesday, October 15 Locker Room Quotes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday, October 15 Locker Room Quotes

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Wednesday, October 15 Locker Room Quotes
On the chances of Sam Simmons and J.R. Tolver getting action as wide receivers) – “Simmons is active every week. Not Tolver though. We’re good with the guys we have. Simmons practices and he’s up every week so could get into the mix at some point, but there are no major plans to do that. Derrius (Thompson) is doing everything he can. The key is, when your number is called you need to be ready to make a play at any position.ââ¬Â

If Thompson is doing everything he can, then he sucks. From what I can see, he's not putting in a lot of effort.

I don't understand, however, why Simmons isn't in the mix if he was so great in preseason and practices. I understand that it's just the preseason and etc, but we will never see what he can contribute if we don't give him a shot. I say the same thing about Tolver...

This one of the very few instances

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
If Thompson is doing everything he can, then he sucks. From what I can see, he's not putting in a lot of effort.

I don't understand, however, why Simmons isn't in the mix if he was so great in preseason and practices. I understand that it's just the preseason and etc, but we will never see what he can contribute if we don't give him a shot. I say the same thing about Tolver...

this year where wanny's playing Cover your a$$ games. If he puts Tolver or Simmons in wihtout anyone getting hurt, then he's conceeding that one of his two high priced starters JM and DT are FA busts. Not to mention if they drop one pass or make one bad play, they wont get the usual rookie pass, the blame would be squarely on wanny asking why he has a rookie and a second year starter playing when they have two Million $ vets on the bench. I dont think Wanny has the balls to step up (Herm Edwards style) to the media and say, we're not getting it done, I want to see If some changes can be made to spark this offense. If it works great. If it doesn't, well you can't say we didn't try.

I honestly think if DT stinks it up another couple of weeks, Wanny would be more inclined to re-sign OG after week 10 just to avoid the media frenzy.

I may be wrong. but just a gut feeling.

why should Wanne makes big changes to a 4-1 team ???

Because we aren't playing like a 4-1 team. You don't see anyone talking about good we are, do you? Everyone knows we have a great defense and a horrid passing offense. Until we improve with our passing, we'll never be a serious contender. I'm not saying Jay has to put up 300 yard games, but at least make them respect us.

The team with the best D will always be a contender. The teams with the flashy O will always get the hype. Miami is playing exactly like a 4-1 team.

Because we're making a huge risk...

Originally posted by dolphan39
why should Wanne makes big changes to a 4-1 team ???

Last year our defense remained relatively healthy, beacuse we were able to orchestrate these long drives with RW toting the rock. At the rate we're going our defense is bound to wear down, or at the very least be more succeptable to injury. Even RW is carrying alot more but has fewer yds/carry. Which is not good for his health either. At some point we need a passing game to help open up some running lanes for Ricky. We need to be balance to go far.

It's rediculous, ever since the second half of the NE game last year, every team just stacks 8-9 men in the box and dare us to pass on them. At some point we have to show the NFL that they'll get burnt most of the time when they do it.

Back
Top Bottom