Wednesday's camp report & video | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday's camp report & video

Re: Wednesday's camp report & video

Originally posted by Dude
Sorry for the tease, but I just got out of the shower from sweating at camp today and i found out my office set 2 appointments for me this afternoon. No time to write much now...

I'll mention a couple of quick things then split...

Highlights:
Actually should be called lowlights. The 2 most memorable plays from practice were a bad fumble by RW after bobbling a pitch he couldn't tuck away and ended up kicking it 5-10 yards down field without ever being touched by a D player. The other was an int from Griese that #45 baited him into throwing. He looked like he wanted to pull it back after the throw was in motion, but it was too late.

Other then the 2 plays above, the O looked pretty good today. Both QB's threw well and today had the highest completion % of any day I've been so far this year. Just the fact that there were no real outstanding catches tells how the QB's were putting the ball on the money all day. Lots of 'easy' catches right in the chest. Feidler to Chambers was a big combo today and at one point they hit like 4 medium passes in a row.

VIDEO:
We shot over an hour of some really good video. I will take a quick look at what we got and spend the time getting it online rather then writing it up so you all can see for yourself and make your own reports.

Does anyone have a lot of experience w/ digital video. The plan was to fire-wire it to the PC and save as an mpeg??? Anyone, have a better idea. Sound isn't important, (except to hear all the Feidler booing (just kidding - there was none)), but I want the video to be decent size so you can actually see something.

I was also planning to not spend a lot of time editing it and just posting it in large chunks so everyone will have something to do over the next 5 weeks until real camp starts.

BTW: Does anyone have real web space to help host any of this? Maybe the board could help out????

Anyways, I'll check back in later this evening.

I host the dam thing for you...fastest and most reliable servers...

Just send it over or tell me when you are ready and I give you access via an FTP program.:D

Hurry up dammit. We're losing patience with you. What the hell are you doing!!

;)

Re: Wednesday's camp report & video

Originally posted by Dude

VIDEO:

Does anyone have a lot of experience w/ digital video. The plan was to fire-wire it to the PC and save as an mpeg??? Anyone, have a better idea. Sound isn't important, (except to hear all the Feidler booing (just kidding - there was none)), but I want the video to be decent size so you can actually see something.

I was also planning to not spend a lot of time editing it and just posting it in large chunks so everyone will have something to do over the next 5 weeks until real camp starts.

Yes, I have experience. It depends on what software you are using. The MPEG1 format may be too large for some dial-up users. You would have to experiment with the size and customize it so that everyone could download it. Deselecting the audio will allow you increase the video quality.

It would be nice to stream it at 2 different resolutions...one for the slow speed folks, and one for the cable modem or highspeed users.

I would probably stream it as Real Video or Windows media. Editing it down to clips would probably be best for all.

DEALING WITH VIDEO SUCKS!

I know it took me forver... too bad it's worth it!

This is as far as we got. I have the video on a cd saved as 10 large mpeg files. The resolution and frame rate are high, but the quality is great. I need to take one of you who offered help up on your offer. I need someone to PM me FTP info. I'll u/l all the clips, then they can convert to a better format & host. I appreciate it, I can't tell you how long it took so far.

About the video. We got some great stuff. Look at the one below. We also got some not so great stuff like the floor, sky and the back of people's heads...

Sample:
http://www.iwatchlive.com/dolphins/griese.wmv :eat:
3MB - Great shot of Griese's Int

And yes, .wvm was the only format I could figure out... I need help! :goof:

Last edited by a moderator:
To save on windows media player hassles, right click on the link and select "save as" and save the file to your pc. Then you can watch it from your pc without any "net congestion...buffering" problems.

I didnt have the appropriate decompressor. I will have to install the nimo codec pack, or watch it on another pc.

Big thanks to Muck.

Sent him the files late last night and look for them to be online today.

Also thanks to the others who offered to help... There are a lot of cool people on this forum!

I think you guys will really appreciate the videos. There are some great clips like the one of Griese's Int & it really gives the feeling of being there for those who have never been. I hope the compression doesn't kill the great quality of the footage. Like the one sample I did is way more blurry then the original. hopefully Muck will have better luck...

Thanks again all - your patience will be rewarded!

Man that sample was great, definetly can't wait to see the rest.

Back
Top Bottom