Week 2 Oxnard practices | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 2 Oxnard practices

Mauluga needs to at least go limited tomorrow or it's not looking good for sunday. Hoping he was held out more as precaution

I'm am fully opposed to the QBwinz theory, but the Colts have thoroughly challenged that hypothesis on numerous occasions. In any regard, Luck is an elite QB.
I don't see Luck on the field. Until that time, cue poop emoji.

Colts are just bad WITH Luck, they are historically bad without him. Either way that franchise needs to do something crazy to shake it up. They absolutely need the No.1 pick.

Should be. McVay is the same mold as Gase; both are young leaders and excellent offensive minds. But what McVay has that Gase doesn't, is an actual DC in Wade Phillips.

Agree on exactly what you said. But, I'd add that I definitely see Gase as having a more effective head coaching approach and demeanor. While McVay may, and probably will, generate an excellent offense in time, I'm not sure the whole team will buy in the way ours has under Gase.

On the other hand, Wade Phillips is fantastic. His dad was great, but Wade may be an even better defensive coach than his father was at any aspect of coaching, and I had tremendous respect for Bum Phillips. That is a clear benefit they have over us.

But, I'd take Gase over McVay every time.

• If Rey Maualuga can’t play Sunday because of a hamstring injury, Mike Hull likely would start at middle linebacker, with Chase Allen backing him up.

But whoever plays the middle might only be on the field for 20 to 30 players, because that player likely would come off the field when the Dolphins go to a nickel package.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article173268761.html

All they need to do is run the ball at Hull.... keep Miami in base D-that would be a big part of my gameplan.

Back
Top Bottom