Week 2: Which Unit Played Better Offense Or Defense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 2: Which Unit Played Better Offense Or Defense?

Which Unit Played Better?

• Offense: 20 points - 3TDs (2 pass 1 rush) - 2 Fumbles Lost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defense: 12 Points - 2 Interceptions 1 Fumble - 42 yards rushing

Votes: 46 95.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
MIAMI
1st Downs 18 21
Passing 1st downs 9 17
Rushing 1st downs 6 3
1st downs from penalties 3 1
3rd down efficiency 6-13 3-10
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Plays 58 63
Total Yards 257 362
Total Drives 12 12
Yards per Play 4.4 5.7
Passing 122 320
Comp-Att 17-23 25-41
Yards per pass 4.5 7.3
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Sacks-Yards Lost 4-46 3-14
Rushing 135 42
Rushing Attempts 31 19
Yards per rush 4.4 2.2
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-3 0-2
Penalties 2-10 7-50
Turnovers 2 3
Fumbles lost 2 1
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 28:25 31:35

Defense no question. From the line play to the secondary. Kiko Alonso came to play!!! X with the clutch pick in the redzone and I believe that was the first RZ turnover in about 20 games.

Come on... The offense scored a total of 0 points in the 2nd half. We got llucky it wasn't against Brady or Brees...

Had a rookie qb toss the rock all over the db 's
Little concerned with seeing that.

most of the good defensive play was the benefit of a rookie qb.

Offense looked pretty putrid in the second half. Looked much better in the 1st half but our defense set the table for them. The play-calling is head-scratching. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I feel like Gase out thinks himself once he gets past the pre-scripted plays. We have talent all over the place on offense (with the exception of our thin o-line), but it isn't being utilized effectively. IF Gase can pull his head out of his ass, we have an offense that could put up 30 a game. Penalties weren't an issue today overall. It was just poor play calling and protection breakdowns (and twice when Tannehill should have thrown the ball away - and had time to have done so). Our defense played pretty well. We played a lot of bend but don't break. I'm not sure if that was by design though. We gave up a lot of yards through the air, leaving receivers wide open much of the time, particularly in the middle of the field. Nice pressure today from our d-line. We played well against the run. Speaking of the run: we need to stick with it. We should have a much more balanced attack, but we get away from the run way to quickly which doesn't make ANY sense considering we are very effective on the ground - particularly between the tackles. I'm still trying to figure out why we passed on 3rd and less than a yard instead of: A) running a QB sneak (which I don't think we've EVER done with Tannehill) or B) Hammer it Frank Gore. But, there again, Gase and his play calling is mind boggling at times (too much of the time). We won ugly and I'll take a W anyway I can get it. We have a very good chance of being undefeated heading in to New England (who I think isn't close to the team they have been for a long time. And I'm not basing this on the ass-kicking they're currently taking from Jacksonville). I think we have a very good chance of going into Foxboro and coming away with a W. We just have to put it all and KEEP it all together. Good win for us today. We've already doubled the win total some of the experts were saying we'd have for the season. (I'm pretty sure I remember a couple of places saying we'd be 1-15 or some craziness like that.) There are a lot of things we could nit-pick about today's game, but the bottom line is, we won. And winning is contagious.

Defense without those 2 turnovers this is a different game as the offense wasn't exactly marching down the field with success.

Offense looked pretty putrid in the second half. Looked much better in the 1st half but our defense set the table for them. The play-calling is head-scratching. There is no rhyme or reason to it and I feel like Gase out thinks himself once he gets past the pre-scripted plays. We have talent all over the place on offense (with the exception of our thin o-line), but it isn't being utilized effectively.

I never understood why some fans think Gase is an offensive "guru". Gase's playcalling is so bad that he's making Burke's playcalling look good!

Back
Top Bottom