Weird Poll on SI, Saban disloyal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weird Poll on SI, Saban disloyal

its b/c these coaches move around alot

tucker said:
its b/c these coaches move around alot
Roy Williams moves around a lot??? He's changed head jobs once in his 15+ year coaching career. I also don't think Saban's moved around all that much once he got a head job. Went from MSU to LSU then the NFL if I recall. Parcells moves around, but that has more to do with him retiring legitimately, then coming out of retirement every couple of years.

Here in Detroit sports radio is ripping Brown a new one and Saban came up a few times during the tirade. The disloyalty is due to Nick working on his next job while he's still working on his old one - left MSU prior to a bowl game, signed with Miami prior to one.

It's just the business. Oh, and Pistons in six.

Saban has absolutely only ever upgraded his position.. He left the Browns for MSU and a HEAD coaching position.. he left MSU for LSU for obvious reasons.. a chance to lead a bigger program in a bigger and better conference.. and he won a national championship in turn.. now, his chance to be a head coach at the highest level.. I see NONE of those reasons as being disloyal at ALL!!!.. that's like saying Bobby Bowden is dis-loyal for leaving Samford for West Virginia and then WVU for FSU... what a joke..

I live and Michigan, and have been a Pistons fan my whole life. Alot of people are pissed at LB for leaving, but hes an ageing coach, and like Don Nelson he doesn't want to coach, but still stay involved in the game. Too bad hes leaving Detroit after just two seasons, but hes done great here, and i cant get mad at him. As for Saban....Disloyal to LSU? Maybe, but coaching is a job and everyone must realize.

Larry Brown is by far the most disloyal coach to ever coach. I thought the Tuna was bad, but brown jumps jobs like a grasshopper. Its unbelievable that teams will hire this guy, just to put a band-aid on their franchise for a couple years. All he is is an extreme case of an adult with A.D.D....cant stand the guy.

I'm a big Pistons fan, and I'm extremely pissed at Pound for Pound. Not for the fact that he's looking at another job; telling Larry not to consider another job is like asking a dog not to scratch, but because he's doing it during the Eastern Conference finals. If, after the season's over, he rejects the job in Cleveland and goes into retirement (I don't see any way he coaches the Pistons next year), then we all owe him a big apology, but right now, it looks like he's taking the Cleveland job, and he should have told the Cleveland people not to talk to him until after the season.

That said, he brought an NBA title to Detroit, so I can't be too upset.

As for the list including Saban and Williams, the fact is that there just aren't that many high-profile coaches who switch jobs without getting canned, so they used what they could find. Rick Pitino was a MUCH better choice for that list if they needed a college hoops coach. (And by the way, I don't like UNC and think Williams is all but useless as a coach, so that's probably the first and last time I'll stick up for him)

By the way, how they skipped over the Notre Dame Athletic Department in this poll is beyond me.

Obviously, us at LSU did not want Saban to leave. It was very clear over the years though that Saban had an ultimate desire to be an NFL coach. I can not hold it against someone for pursuing what they ultimately want to do. Saban enjoyed his time at LSU and would not have left LSU for any other college job in America. He proved that. He also would not leave LSU for just any NFL job. Certain conditions had to be met and it had to be the right organization. He proved that as well. I wish him the best.

What idiot thought up this poll. The guy was offered a job at one if not the best football organization in the league: total control/hands off owner/more money/great tradition and he is disloyal for accepting this job?

Send a blanket email to the LSU alumni club and watch the poll results change...

He's not disloyal! He won with them...and moved on. Not unheard of. HEY GOFINS, I WANT THAT GIRL!

Let's face it we all want to move up in the world. It's all about the money and suceeding at the next level. Once Nicks job is done here who knows. Is that being unloyal I don't think so. If you leave your position in your company for a better one or that company because it can't provide the next level is that unloyal. I don't know where these people come up with these stupid poles.

Just a note on Larry Brown. I don't know much about him except his stay in Philly. I am not a B-ball fan at all but, I read and listened to his coaching situation with the Sixers. His hands were tied and AI has Billy King in his back pocket I think the Sixers would have been better off without Iverson a multimillion punk who is all about himself and was and still is a cancer to the Sixers. So Brown got a bad rap here.

Actually, I don't think it is Saban's leaving LSU that has him on that poll. It is expected of just about any college coach getting a HC offer from the NFL to take it. I think Saban's loyalty is being called into question because of the way he left MSU for LSU. Yes, it was a step up for him, however, it was perceived as an abandonment for personal glory reasons by MSU fans. Some of the MSU fans are really bitter about it and feel Saban just used them as a quick resume builder instead of concern about the program's well being. I am not saying it is right...just passing on what the MSU fans have told me.

Back
Top Bottom