Weis to ND? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weis to ND?

Yes.I heard that too.He wants to be a Head coach whether it be pros or college.He is a great teacher and is known to spend extra time coaching and developing young players.Perfect for a college job such as ND..

Notre Dame just messed up with their whole coaching situation. They acted to fast. They are going to end up with someone worst than Ty. In regards to Weis, money talks. Can they really dish out $1.5 million or more a season for him like a couple of NFL teams can?

I know that they got rid of Ty they needed to find someone better I believe that Weis would be a good answer. Weis would be good for any team I would think.

I love this idea. It *might* hurt the Patriots and yet we don't have to take a chance on him. Please, please let it happen! :)

gator_sensation said:
Notre Dame just messed up with their whole coaching situation. They acted to fast. They are going to end up with someone worst than Ty. In regards to Weis, money talks. Can they really dish out $1.5 million or more a season for him like a couple of NFL teams can?
I don't think they will. UF blew them away negotiating for Meyer.

He's a good candidate although if I was ND I would look hard at trying to pry Gruden away. He's won a Super Bowl already and I think he would be a great coach there!

finswin56 said:
I don't think they will. UF blew them away negotiating for Meyer.

I really don't know much about the negotiations there, but I have to think it came down to which school was less likely to have unrealistic expectations that would lead to Meyer being the ex-coach of the team. Florida being pretty much stocked for a championship run as early as next year probably also helped...

ND can afford 1.5 million+ and at this point they know they need to get a big name coach in there to start fixing the schools image. Weis also graduated from Notre Dame, so that might be added incentive for him to want to go there. As a HUGE ND fan I would be thrilled to have Weis or Gruden over Urban Meyer.

This would be great. He's a great offensive cord, so it would be great to get him out of New England. It would be a win-win situation for us, as we wouldn't have the chance to make the mistake of hiring him to be our HC, and we'd get him out of the division.

Weis is an ND alum with a pro-style offense philosophy. Super bowl rings work wonders for recruiting. Money isn't really an issue as 1.5 million is on the low end for college coaches at elite schools (Bob Stoops, Saban, now Meyer all make over 2 million) I think its a good fit for ND, Weis, and a steal from the patsies.

We'll beat the Pats next year. Whether Weis comes to us or goes to ND, he'll probably be out of NE. It looks like he'll be a head coach somewhere!

As well-respected as Weis is with the Patriots, he is NOT a big named person. If you walk down the street and ask a Football fan who the Offensive Coordinator of the New England Patriots is, I can guarantee you that 80% probably won't know. Wayne cares about people in his stadium, he will go for a big name(Holgrem(sp?), Martz, Saban)

A new name that emerged on Friday is Detroit Lions Coach Steve Mariucci, whom an agent in college football said had been approached by Notre Dame.

Back
Top Bottom