Welcome Back Jay!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome Back Jay!!!

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I justed wanted to welcome Jay Fiedler back to his old self. He was clearly not himself these past 2 weeks.

Seriously, I know Jay played good against the Redskins and Cowboys. He showed some fire in those 2 games. The problem is that now when we really needed him to win a huge game, once again, he didn't. I don't care if you are a supporter or hater of Jay ~ He lost that game for Miami yesterday. A fumble in field goal range, an int. returned for a TD, and most impressively ending on a safety. This season is turning into a "Win, Win" situation for me. Either Miami gets into the playoffs, or they don't and next year will include a new coach and QB. If Fiedler wants to know why Miami fans won't back him ~ this is why. His great record doesn't mean **** if he can't make the playoffs. By the way, What is his playoff record?!

Trust me, I am a Dol-fan and always have been. That is why this crap frustrates me. All I know is that Denver is playing well and Miami still has a tough road ahead. Get prepared Dol-fans, our team might be home for the playoffs once again. Merry Christmas Jay!

Originally posted by RICKHURD
I justed wanted to welcome Jay Fiedler back to his old self. He was clearly not himself these past 2 weeks.

Seriously, I know Jay played good against the Redskins and Cowboys. He showed some fire in those 2 games. The problem is that now when we really needed him to win a huge game, once again, he didn't. I don't care if you are a supporter or hater of Jay ~ He lost that game for Miami yesterday. A fumble in field goal range, an int. returned for a TD, and most impressively ending on a safety. This season is turning into a "Win, Win" situation for me. Either Miami gets into the playoffs, or they don't and next year will include a new coach and QB. If Fiedler wants to know why Miami fans won't back him ~ this is why. His great record doesn't mean **** if he can't make the playoffs. By the way, What is his playoff record?!

Trust me, I am a Dol-fan and always have been. That is why this crap frustrates me. All I know is that Denver is playing well and Miami still has a tough road ahead. Get prepared Dol-fans, our team might be home for the playoffs once again. Merry Christmas Jay!

the problem with your post though is that while Fiedler had a hand in the loss their is hardly a positive on offense.

Your post would be valid if Jay would be the only stinking up the joint. But I also saw receivers dropping the ball, receivers not knowing when to jump, missing blocking assignements etc....

And you are wrong...in talkshows while Jay is blamed somehow the major blame goes to offense in general and coaching....

How many bad passes did Jay throw yesterday? I didn't say that the team as a whole doesn't need help. I just basically said that Jay has yet to have won a truly significant game. If you want to throw the coaching staff in this last sentence ~ i'm cool whit that, too.

This post is about opinion, therefore I'm not wrong. I am just sick of watching Fiedler play like a pu$$y when we need him to win. Dan Marino never won the big game either, but I new he was a winner.
Jay quite simply is a big game loser!!!

How many bad passes did Jay throw yesterday? I didn't say that the team as a whole doesn't need help. I just basically said that Jay has yet to have won a truly significant game. If you want to throw the coaching staff in this last sentence ~ i'm cool whit that, too.

This post is about opinion, therefore I'm not wrong. I am just sick of watching Fiedler play like a pu$$y when we need him to win. Dan Marino never won the big game either, but I new he was a winner.
Jay quite simply is a big game loser!!!

actually Dan lost more big games than he won as well. But then of course we will start the discussion about what is a big game.

Point is...we haven't won 2 playoff games in the same season since 1984. Our december swoon is with us for much longer than Dave and Jay are Dolphins. Our "cold spell" is with us much longer than Dave and Jay are with us and so are our "big game failures".

You can not have it just one way without looking biased.

:rolleyes:

Does that make you feel better? That sucks!

You're not getting what I am trying to say. My point with Dan Marino is that when he didn't get through the playoffs, FOR THE MOST PART, it wasn't all on him. How could you blame a guy that lead every QB stat in the league. He had no running game and mostly no defense. Dan did his job.

Fiedler, however, has not. Everyone likes to talk about his wins. His stats suck. We have a running game and a good defense. Last year nobody was talking about our o-line. We had a leading rusher, one of the best D's in the NFL and again when we needed Jay to win ~ HE DIDN"T. Can the coaches and Jay.

Grow a brain, no one will do well in Miami at QB until they can buy the guy a little time. Jay doesn't have a great arm, yesterday was not Jays game to win or lose it was up to running game & Defense the D did it's part and more, ricky only had 25 carries he should have had 40 and minor should have had another 10 or 15, Jay should have only threw the ball about 15 times, this lose is all on Norv Turnover the Ball, 30+ passing plays in a blizzard, Norv lost the game for us, and it is all on him, he knows our offense and he put us in position to lose and we lost, don't blame Jay the offensive line or anyone else. This is all on the offensive coaches and play calling, unbelievable.

Re: Re: Welcome Back Jay!!!

Originally posted by FFiB

the problem with your post though is that while Fiedler had a hand in the loss their is hardly a positive on offense.

Your post would be valid if Jay would be the only stinking up the joint. But I also saw receivers dropping the ball, receivers not knowing when to jump, missing blocking assignements etc....

And you are wrong...in talkshows while Jay is blamed somehow the major blame goes to offense in general and coaching....

I agree in that it was not totally Jay. But for whatever reason he was able to spark this team the previous 5 qtrs, he failed to do so yesterday. While he does win alot of games for us, I think it is safe to say that he cannot win the big ones and the ones that count the most. I think it has been proven again that Jay plays better when the others around him play better. I realize that the weather was a factor, but only in the scoring and affected both teams pretty much the same. But this team had no hint of the fire and cofidence that they flashed against dallas. Apparently, this team has a very fragile psyche. Anyway, the rest of the O was extremely flat and thus, Jay was flat also. I think most van agree that what this does is to muddy our QB position even more.

Originally posted by philyphin
Grow a brain, no one will do well in Miami at QB until they can buy the guy a little time. Jay doesn't have a great arm, yesterday was not Jays game to win or lose it was up to running game & Defense the D did it's part and more, ricky only had 25 carries he should have had 40 and minor should have had another 10 or 15, Jay should have only threw the ball about 15 times, this lose is all on Norv Turnover the Ball, 30+ passing plays in a blizzard, Norv lost the game for us, and it is all on him, he knows our offense and he put us in position to lose and we lost, don't blame Jay the offensive line or anyone else. This is all on the offensive coaches and play calling, unbelievable.

Umm... how much time should we give him 4, 5, 6, 7, seasons how about a career??? When would you say enough is enough?

We need 1 or 2 players on the Oline and a QB......

i agree play calling was at times questionable, Jay was not at (or near) his best, and (once again) some breaks went the Pats way... how many times have any of you seen a muffed punt bounce immediately to the next closest player from the same team, like the one the Pats muffed yesterday? the Defense played very well overall, i thought. they (NE) deserved the W though...

First of all, your "grow a brain" comment makes you an idiot and hard to take your opinion into consideration.

Secondly, I agree that Norv called, and has called, very bad games this year. However, I bet that you weren't pissed about his play calling last week when Jay was throwing all over Dallas. How many carries did Ricky have then? All the players have said (ex. Zach), that the players make the plays, not the coaches. And what makes you think that if the o-line can't pass protect, that they can run block worth a ****? Wanting Ricky to run 40 times a game is retarded. He'll be dead half way through the season. We need a QB ~ period. Every analyist last week said that for Miami to win against the Pats, it would be up to Jay Fiedler. They were finally right!!!

Was there a blizzard in Dallas, I must of missed it. Blizzard are not ideal passing situations, especially with a QB with a weak arm. You need to call the plays suitable to the situation and the personnel you have available, passing was not in our best interests yesterday, running the ball atleast we went forward some of the time and didn't turn it over.

How many int's did Brady throw? He doesn't have a great arm and I'm pretty sure it was snowing and blowing where he was, too.

The problem is that people praise Fiedler because of his record and nothing else. Why shoud we settle for a QB that we don't want to throw. If we are going to put he Dolphins on Rick'y shoulders, then put him at QB. I'm sick of making excuses for this guy. He has no arm, sporadic heart, and from what I saw yesterday, he's not that mobile either. All he has to do is show up in the BIG GAMES and people won't care about anything else.

Jay ~ He lost that game for Miami yesterday.

That pretty much sums the post up for me. Blaming one guy for the loss. Simply amazing.

After all, the rest of the offense certainly played (and was coached) to perfection. I definitely didn't see WRs dropping passes, OL getting whipped, WRs rounding off their routes, questionable coaching decisions, guys letting the same blitzing safety charge right thru on the same blitz call on consecutive. I didn't see the defense making any great plays. I didn't see Tedy Bruschi squatting behind the lineman on a quicki pass that resulted in an INT.

Again, I'm not a biased guy in this regard. Fiedler certainly didn't play the greatest game. And I desperately endorse the coming QB shuffle this offseason. But it's just asinine to blame one player for a loss.

If you believe Randy McMichael, HE lost the game for us. But we know that isn't true either.

Back
Top Bottom