Welker Gone?????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Gone??????

Dudes, we all love Wes, but are you really gonna pay him 5+ Mill per year?

Are you really gonna turn down a second rounder in order to pay him 5+ mill?

This is a no brainer!

This is very uncharacteristic of NE. He will fill a hole there but he isn't worth a second round pick to me. I'm surprised to see NE be this aggressive...almost too agressive and wasting value.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! MAN!! WHAT A CRAPPY WAY TO START THE DAY!!! Welker is awesome. Miami is losing their core. It could be years before they win. The best hope they have this year is to be a one hit wonder. Even if they put something together, it would only last one season. That is what Miami is becoming... A FREAKING STOP ALONG THE WAY IN AN NFL CAREER!!! THAT SUCKS!! So let the list of "has beens" start lining up for Miami.

Welker is a far from awesome. He's an average return guy at best and no more than a #3 WR. He was a fan favorite cause he plays hard. 2nd round pick for him is a no brainer.

I hate the thought of losing Welker.

New England is not stupid! They've won 3 SB's with these kind of moves. They already have improved their defense and now they will likely have that ideal type reliable player who just makes clutch plays. They don't have the big stars, generally speaking (other than Brady, but even he does not put up spectacular stats), they just have a lot of playmakers.

They look for playmakers - not much else - and that's why they are SB champs and why the Dolphins have been realing the past several years.

Welker is a very good punt returner, average kick returner, and although undersized; he's a decent WR. I love Welker's heart and tenacity but I would love to have the Pat's second round pick as compensation.

The Pat's seem to be in the "win now" mode, they are being overly aggressive on this Welker deal and we should capitalize off it. Let them play checkers for once, while we play chess.

I say pay Welker the 5 mil. Miami hasn't done a single thing in FA worth talking about so far. I'm certain Miami could restructure a few contracts to pay Welker the 5 mil a year. Start with restructuring Chambers and McMichael. Then let Booker go.

Welker plays his heart out every game, NE doesnt have a solid KR/PR so they need one, but if Miami wants success on this team, IMO its starts with Wes Welker

2nd round picks are not guaranteed success stories. That is not to say you won't draft a stud player there, but I would hold off on "the 2nd round pick is better than Welker" talk until you see who it is, and how they perform.

I have zero idea how it will all turn out. I guess we'll all wait and see.

In addition, we have 2 first round picks this year, so trading a 2nd away isn't the worst thing in the world. Re-signing those 3 three players would have been a nightmare for us.

Could be a win-win.

Welker plays his heart out every game, NE doesnt have a solid KR/PR so they need one, but if Miami wants success on this team, IMO its starts with Wes Welker

Wow, your suggesting our #3 WR and KR/PR be the cornerstone of the team? Thats a bit of a stretch IMO.

KFFL reports:
Patriots | Welker update
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:29:38 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/4">Dan Pires, of The Standard-Times, reports the offer sheet the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) is a seven-year, $38 million offer, according to sources close to the situation. The Patriots would have to give up a second-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins should the Dolphins decline to match the offer.

It appears that it is now pretty official. Welker's gone.

KFFL reports:
Patriots | Welker update
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/4">Dan Pires, of The Standard-Times, reports the offer sheet the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) is a seven-year, $38 million offer, according to sources close to the situation. The Patriots would have to give up a second-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins should the Dolphins decline to match the offer.

:woot:

KFFL reports:
Patriots | Welker update

Bye-Bye Wes.

Hello Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Gonzalez, Andrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith, or whoever else is theree in the 2nd with either of our picks.

Back
Top Bottom