Well atleast the draftees speak out on you Doubters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well atleast the draftees speak out on you Doubters

Actually, I don't remember a lot of people complaining about Lee being taken in the 5th round. I think this article speaks more to the fact that he was ranked as a 5th rounder, and wants to prove to everyone that he deserved to be taken earlier.

That doesn't sound like draft picks talking back but its a good article. I'm happy to have that type of player on our team. But I haven't heard anyone complaining about that pick either.

You know, I am not trying to slam anyone...I love guys who make something out of their lives! However, doesn't it just seem like every NFL player came out of poverty, only to overcome the odds, and make it in the Big Time?

Just struck me as odd.

P.S. I guess Zach is the exception. ;)

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
That doesn't sound like draft picks talking back but its a good article. I'm happy to have that type of player on our team. But I haven't heard anyone complaining about that pick either.

Yea, I kinda got caught in the hype of the title than the subject..I posted it immediately and then finish reading it..I was a little disapointed that it wasn't more draftees.. and how they felt about them being drafted in all the controvesy of the pundits saying that Miami didn't do well. Oh well learn my lesson, don't go half choked..:lol:

Yea, I kinda got caught in the hype of the title than the subject..I posted it immediately and then finish reading it..I was a little disapointed that it wasn't more draftees.. and how they felt about them being drafted in all the controvesy of the pundits saying that Miami didn't do well. Oh well learn my lesson, don't go half choked..

:lol: No problem MDFINFAN , still a good post , just wrong title.

You know, I am not trying to slam anyone...I love guys who make something out of their lives! However, doesn't it just seem like every NFL player came out of poverty, only to overcome the odds, and make it in the Big Time?

Just struck me as odd

So......... Whats your point?:huh:

I think he is saying that we hear the same story year after year about one or more draft picks.

I think the article is emphasizing how hard he worked, NOT how much money he had. Not only physically but academically as well.

Every young athlete thinks they are it. They all are going to prove the doubters wrong. They have to feel that way or how could they even compete?

Sad truth is only about 20% actually deliver on the "I am going to prove everyone wrong" promise.

Back
Top Bottom