We'll be hard to gameplan for....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We'll be hard to gameplan for.......

GrnMtnMan said:
You hit it right on the head arsenal. It is soooo much more fun. The speculation, expectations and such. Its nice to have a breath of fresh air and seeing the potential for a team that is anything but one dimensional.

I think that this pretty much sums up my feelings to this point. Of course we have holes but I can't see where we had one game where we played out of this world and beat the world champs that you can say the D sucks. Now if people were on here saying how overrated the Pats D is, then they need to be slapped. As of this moment, I am excited about the Phins potential for success. Is it a sure thing? Of course not but I feel worlds better about this team now than I have for the past 3/4 years.

GrnMtnMan said:
I think that this pretty much sums up my feelings to this point. Of course we have holes but I can't see where we had one game where we played out of this world and beat the world champs that you can say the D sucks. Now if people were on here saying how overrated the Pats D is, then they need to be slapped. As of this moment, I am excited about the Phins potential for success. Is it a sure thing? Of course not but I feel worlds better about this team now than I have for the past 3/4 years.
No one disagrees that the fins got better by simply getting rid of Wanny. There are tons of headcoaches out there with a more proven record than Saban however and they are getting beaten. Gibbs and Parcells to name a few. Let the teams play before you start saying the fins will be hard to gameplan for.

Linehan may be a good OC but he also had Culpepper and Moss. None of your qb's come close. Although Chambers has potential, he's not Moss.

The only way that I can't see teams having a hard time gearing up for the Dolphins is if our QB position completely implodes, of course which is a distinct possibility. However I like the insurance of having Frerotte in camp. Of our two QB's I would prefer that Feeley starts. I do not feel that Linehan's success is entirely due to Culpepper/Moss. I don't think that he will throw the ball as much im Miami as he did in Minn. I agree let them play and that will be the final chapter in this book. But like I said this is the first offseason in a long time that I am excited about the Dolphins. We now longer will be 3-4 no blitz Defense and pound the ball between the tackles 35 times a game. You see compared to that; people might have to draw up a new plan instead of pulling out the playbook from 2002.

Justasportsfan said:
No one disagrees that the fins got better by simply getting rid of Wanny. There are tons of headcoaches out there with a more proven record than Saban however and they are getting beaten. Gibbs and Parcells to name a few. Let the teams play before you start saying the fins will be hard to gameplan for.

Linehan may be a good OC but he also had Culpepper and Moss. None of your qb's come close. Although Chambers has potential, he's not Moss.

regardless of whether or not we'll be successful isn't the point... its that we will be unpredictable, thats all this thread is saying...

im not saying our D will be best in the league now... but at least a team wont konw exactly what we are doing before we do it...

and on offense we have lots of different places to go, its not like in minny where you knew moss was getting it, here we have weapons all over the field that might be tough to cover and gameplan for... you try to gameplan to stop our passing attack of chambers, booker, boston, mcmike and we could pound the ball with brown and gordon, try to stop that and we have multiple recieving weapons...

im not saying it'll be an unstoppable force on the field, im saying trying to figure out what we are going to do the week before our game now will be tougher than usual

GrnMtnMan said:
But that D HANDLED the Bills oh so easily now didn't it.....seems every post I read of yours is "stirring the pot". Would be nice if you had something worth while to say, but I suspect you save that for the Billszone. :rolleyes: Oh wait you don't spend nearly the same amount of time there as you do here. One has to wonder if you're not a closet Dolphin's fan

so im not the only one who noticed that?

Justasportsfan said:
Don't get me wrong. That D that the PATS had was something that Drew coudln't handle. My point is that most finfans here bragged and laughed about beating the Pats and their D and now that you're running it, it's hard to gameplan for?

I say let the fins play first. You still don't have proven DT's. WHo are your safeties?Your OL is still a question mark and so is your qb position. Your best cb is an aging Madison who kept getting burned lately.

We shall see what that OL can do when they are blitzed. Let's see if AJ will do what he does best and throw picks when under pressure.

Kevin Carter is as Proven a DT as they come. And althoug Traylor is getting up there he is still a huge body to move. Your also assume AJ will be our QB which I doubt. nd we happen to have a guy named Houck coaching the Oline now. Secondary is really my only concearn right now. Put in the proper system either QB can suceed.

Justasportsfan said:

Isnt Linhan the same OC that made GUS look like a probowler when Culpepper went down. Now granted he had Moss to throw to, but he didnt have Chambers Booker and Boston to throw to. Ill take 3 good options over one great one.

FinaticPatch said:
Isnt Linhan the same OC that made GUS look like a probowler when Culpepper went down. Now granted he had Moss to throw to, but he didnt have Chambers Booker and Boston to throw to. Ill take 3 good options over one great one.
Why people count Boston as a weapon is beyond me. The guy hasn't done squat for years. Jerry Rice has done more than Boston is the last couple of years. Now if you said Booker Chambers and McMike then it would sound better.

Gus wasn't on the AFCE back then. Check out who he's facing this year.

Justasportsfan said:
Why people count Boston as a weapon is beyond me. The guy hasn't done squat for years. Jerry Rice has done more than Boston is the last couple of years. Now if you said Booker Chambers and McMike then it would sound better.

Gus wasn't on the AFCE back then. Check out who he's facing this year.

Lets see he is two years removed from a 70 catch season.

Lets diagnose your two top recievers last year.
Moulds 88 catches
And Evans 48 catches

By your determination as a weapon, Evans isn't worth the dirt Boston walks on.

FinaticPatch said:
Lets see he is two years removed from a 70 catch season.

Lets diagnose your two top recievers last year.
Moulds 88 catches
And Evans 48 catches

By your determination as a weapon, Evans isn't worth the dirt Boston walks on.
"You are as good as your last performance". How did Boston do. History shows that he is also one hit from being put back into IR. So if you are actually relying on Boston , you're in for a disappointment.Why do you think Saban only offered him league minimum?

Justasportsfan said:
"You are as good as your last performance". How did Boston do. History shows that he is also one hit from being put back into IR. So if you are actually relying on Boston , you're in for a disappointment.Why do you think Saban only offered him league minimum?

Hope your not relying on Mcgahee then.

Back
Top Bottom