Well hello there Dolphin fans! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well hello there Dolphin fans!

Mike in Syracuse

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes, we stand on the verge of another Bills/Dolphins clash and it's good to see that the rivalry is alive and well. I thought for a while that you might be supplanted by the Patriots but right now we are so happy they gave us Bledsoe that they are my second favorite team. Fortunately for us he's playing like a man possessed. You don't have to believe me, go look at the numbers at NFL.com. We also are fortunate to have the best recieving tandem in the league now too! It's amazing what a legitimate QB can do for your team!

I'm sure this weekends game will be another tough game between division rivals but I must say there is an awful lot of false optimism on this board. You've lost your starting QB and your two starting WR's. You've got two guys on the OL that even we cut and your acting like the second stringers are better than your starters. The reality is, Ricky's going to be running against 8 man fronts all day. We haven't had the ability to put 8 guys in the box yet this season so Ricky's got his work cut out for him. I'm not really worried though, we handled him last year and we can handle him this year.

I wish you the best of luck on Sunday because I think your going to REALLY need it. Stop fooling yourselves!

I agree, it's gonna be difficult for Mijami to score points on Buffalo. Lucas will have to do it by passing to second string receivers. Buffalo's defense, as bad as it's been, has been fairly decent when geared to stop the run. This should be a good game.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble there Buffalo fans, but Chambers might play.

He practiced yesterday, and Wannstedt said it looks like he might be ok. James McKnight, and Dedric Ward were both starters in this league, and they know how to play. If Chambers only comes in to run deep patterns, it will still be effective. as SOMEONE has to go try to cover him.

Ricky has been running against 8 in the box all year...he is the 4th leading rusher in the NFL, and your run defense sucks.

Having said ALL that, I still thhink it is going to be a tough game, and Buffalo may pull this one out.

If all these Bills fans say is true...

...then they get to claim victory against a dimished Dolphins team which will rest, heal and thrash the Packers in two weeks time.

We won our credibility against Denver, a loss to the Bills cannot take it away under these circumstance:lol:

(BTW Congrats to the Bills on getting a team together worthy of an 8-8 season following last years tragedy).

Originally posted by Mike in Syracuse
Yes, we stand on the verge of another Bills/Dolphins clash and it's good to see that the rivalry is alive and well. I thought for a while that you might be supplanted by the Patriots but right now we are so happy they gave us Bledsoe that they are my second favorite team. Fortunately for us he's playing like a man possessed. You don't have to believe me, go look at the numbers at NFL.com. We also are fortunate to have the best recieving tandem in the league now too! It's amazing what a legitimate QB can do for your team!

I'm sure this weekends game will be another tough game between division rivals but I must say there is an awful lot of false optimism on this board. You've lost your starting QB and your two starting WR's. You've got two guys on the OL that even we cut and your acting like the second stringers are better than your starters. The reality is, Ricky's going to be running against 8 man fronts all day. We haven't had the ability to put 8 guys in the box yet this season so Ricky's got his work cut out for him. I'm not really worried though, we handled him last year and we can handle him this year.

I wish you the best of luck on Sunday because I think your going to REALLY need it. Stop fooling yourselves!

I only have a couple of problems with this post....

First - nobody is sayong our 2nd stringer are better than the starters... the concensus seems to be that the 2nd stingers will fill in adequately until the starters can return...

Second - The two guys on the line you cut one is Spriggs, who is now a backup again with Dixon returning, the other being Nails, who has been a monster since he put a Dolphins jersey on....

Third - Keep 8 in the box... the Pats tried it... didn't work, don't even think you have the run D that Denver has... that will let us burn you on screens and dump offs..even the long ones, no matter who the QB is...

Fourth - The Pats also said they "handled" Ricky last year.... :rolleyes:

Prepare for a dissapointment Buffalo fans. Your politeness tells me you are scared.

Originally posted by poornate
Your politeness tells me you are scared.

Would it be better if Bills fans came here and acted like dick-heads. I'm sure some FishFans on the Bills boards can show us how.

I hate these stupid bills fans fans. I just going to let the action speak for themselves. You guys underestimate norv turner. You'll see with his play calling this week with lucas is going to be different then with fiedler in there.

Hoover, you know the goal is to draw the stragglers to smack. I'm working here. :D

Hey Mike in Syracuse

Yes - I think you will be a happy man come Sunday night. Not because the Bills won, but because your home town Cuse contributed Konrad, Mare, Greenwood, and Burnett to the big win for Miami! And you can go down to Marshall Street and celebrate at Konrads sports bar!

Re: If all these Bills fans say is true...

Originally posted by GazPhin
...then they get to claim victory against a dimished Dolphins team which will rest, heal and thrash the Packers in two weeks time.

We won our credibility against Denver, a loss to the Bills cannot take it away under these circumstance:lol:

(BTW Congrats to the Bills on getting a team together worthy of an 8-8 season following last years tragedy).

It's sad to see the Bills' fans on our board talking trash because they have been provided with a "glimmer" of hope as a result of injuries to some players on our offense. I'm not gonna use it as an excuse, because I know we still will kick their a$$. Our defense is healthy, their defense sucks. Their turnover ratio is -5, while ours is +5. Your defense gives up 34 points (worst in the NFL). The Bills will not know how to gameplan us because of the personnel we will be using on offense this week and that will hurt them dearly. Turner knows they will crowd the box and that's something we're use to. We have two eager WRs starting this week and a QB that wants to prove he's a starter in the NFL. That sounds like trouble for a defense that can't stop anyone from scoring.

Big mismatches:

TEs Randy McMichael and Desmond Clark vs. Buff's SLOW LBs
Ray Lucas scrambling vs. Buff's SLOW LBs
Ricky Williams, Robert Edwards and Travis Minor receiving vs Buff's slow LBs (anyone see a pattern here)
TEs Randy McMichael and Desmond Clark vs. Buff's safeties (who can't cover)
Ricky Williams vs Buff's rush D that gives up 131 yds. a game.
Jason Taylor vs. Jonas Jennings (big mismatch)

Stacking the line will be your worst mistake because we have excellent play action and your SLOW LBs can't cover.

We have good backups that can hold down the fort until our starters are healthy, and that's what the NFL's next lesson will be about the Fins. That we can overcome adversity.

Back
Top Bottom