Well, Here's Another Rumor... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well, Here's Another Rumor...

phillyphinphan said:
These rumors are getting out of control, The validity of this one is rather weak but I put it out there for conversation. On sports radio WIP here in philly. The host and some callers are debating a supposed trade between the Eagles and Phins. Principles involved-get this, Brian Westbrook, 31, 35, and everybody's favorite WR Freddie "I can't shut my damn mouth" Mitchell for the Phins #2. I know, I know, it's ridiculous but for it to be reported by the host from 3-11 (anyone in the area knows this guy does his homework) it had to start from somewhere. Personally, I don't believe it for one moment, it makes no sense for at least 5 reasons and that's just the first one's that came to mid as he was speaking. The only thing that I can take from this one is Saban the GM has somehow wrestled control of the draft from the #2 position...
Freddie Mitchell is about a year away from being out of the game. He's burned more bridges than Lawrence Phillips.

feelthepain said:
I think the reporter or host is Howard Eskin. I listen to WIP all the time because I live in the Philly area and try to get other football news besides the Eagles. I don't think Saban would take Freddie "I couldn't catch a cold Mittchel" if the whole Eagle O was involved.

Yeah that's him, there may be something to phill and miami, but I doubt the principles are even close to being accurate...

finfan54 said:
I actually was thinking hard about this yesterday when Mike Malock on NFL Network showed the 11 picks in the draft that Philly had. With the TO situation, they just might want to make a splash here to show TO he is a piece of crap loudmouth. The deal could be something like 31, 35(they would just be giving our own pick back to us), plus a third, fourth and fifth. They would still have 6 picks and Braylon Edwards. Not to shabby for a super bowl team.

It is not out of the question and there has been some peeps about philly and us. Just like Denver has a pipeline going with Washington, we may have one with Philly.

That's a reasonable line of thinking, howerver, Reid and Banner have been here for about five year's and TO is the first WR that they invested serious money into and that deal (language and excess years aside) was only a two year deal...

Back
Top Bottom