Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

mohammer

Active Roster
Reaction score
Personally I don't know much about Josh Rosen, didn't want him last year. Neither do I want him this year for a steep price but I must admit after Chris Grier's ski mask robbed the Card, I warmed up to him. And from all the stuffs that I have read, heard and seen about him. I really like the kid. Plus I really like the players we drafted and signed. Preston
Williams ??? are you kidding me ? The guy reminds me so much of TO but faster and bigger. Terril Hanks was a second day prospect, IMO. So are we still tanking or what ?

Depends how Rosen does. If he flops we'll lose alot and Tua will be within reach. Its a wait and see thing

The team will say there never was a tank planned. I think the tanking thing was more media and fan propelled. Flores and Grier need to win to justify and maintain their jobs. I think the goal was to clear the books of guys who don't fit the system, bad contracts all while adding future draft capital. It's what Philly, NE do, and look at them year after year. It was smart business to do what they are doing, but it does foster some losing until the ship gets righted. Tanking implies losing on purpose. Which I don't think was ever the plan.

I doubt the team ever was on board with tanking for Tua. As of now if Rosen sucks then we end up taking a QB next year. If Rosen rocks then the Fins draft to support him next year.

We are all tending to forget that Rosen was arguably the highest rated passer going into last year's draft. Oh, and he was what, 21 years old? There's a good chance we just got our QB of the next 15-20 years with this kid. Let's just wait and see how he does listening to Jim Caldwell instead of that shoot show in AZ.

I already said this on another thread but having Rosen won't stop us from drafting a QB high in 2020. We didn't move up to #10 to draft Rosen and we didn't pay most of his salary. Arizona did that. All we did was trade a 4th this year and a 5th next year for Rosen when you really think about it. We already got a 2nd back for the one we used this year to trade for him. If he sucks then we draft Tua. If he plays well then we trade our #1 for a bunch of picks. What's the harm?

That TFT thing was always a false narrative.

Ppl confused rebuilding, via cutting overpriced contracts to get our salary cap under control, with "tanking".

Lmao No it's not. This team is going to be dreadful. Look at our edge play, our offensive line, and our linebackers.

If we get the number 1 pick, we're taking Tua no matter what. Even if Rosen shows tremendous upside in his starts. All we did is just hedge the bet.

Well we still have questions on who's going to rush the passer, how much better our oline is going to be, are we going to have an effective run game, how are the smurfs going to perform, can we cover a TE, is opposite of X going to be a liability, is Giesecki going to improve?, and is Flores a good coach because for all we know he could be Cam Cameron part 2.

Whether we completely suck this year or not is not going to change just because we have Rosen now.

Back
Top Bottom