Well Is "tank For Tua " Officially Cancelled ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mohammer, Apr 29, 2019.

1. mohammer

mohammer Active Member

Personally I don't know much about Josh Rosen, didn't want him last year. Neither do I want him this year for a steep price but I must admit after Chris Grier's ski mask robbed the Card, I warmed up to him. And from all the stuffs that I have read, heard and seen about him. I really like the kid. Plus I really like the players we drafted and signed. Preston
    Williams ??? are you kidding me ? The guy reminds me so much of TO but faster and bigger. Terril Hanks was a second day prospect, IMO. So are we still tanking or what ?

2. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Never was a tank in play....at least from the team's point of view but we can still grab Tua next year if we want.

lurking, Lionstone, Superself and 2 others like this.
  3. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Depends how Rosen does. If he flops we'll lose alot and Tua will be within reach. Its a wait and see thing

GUH-sick-EE and 67Stang like this.
  4. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

#RiseWithRosen

srp1979, Mindtornado, Finuk and 2 others like this.
  5. Bopkin02

Bopkin02 Seasoned Veteran

The team will say there never was a tank planned. I think the tanking thing was more media and fan propelled. Flores and Grier need to win to justify and maintain their jobs. I think the goal was to clear the books of guys who don't fit the system, bad contracts all while adding future draft capital. It's what Philly, NE do, and look at them year after year. It was smart business to do what they are doing, but it does foster some losing until the ship gets righted. Tanking implies losing on purpose. Which I don't think was ever the plan.

6. Ren

Ren Rookie

Tanking was ever only in the minds of the fans.

7. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I doubt the team ever was on board with tanking for Tua. As of now if Rosen sucks then we end up taking a QB next year. If Rosen rocks then the Fins draft to support him next year.

We are all tending to forget that Rosen was arguably the highest rated passer going into last year's draft. Oh, and he was what, 21 years old? There's a good chance we just got our QB of the next 15-20 years with this kid. Let's just wait and see how he does listening to Jim Caldwell instead of that shoot show in AZ.

8. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I already said this on another thread but having Rosen won't stop us from drafting a QB high in 2020. We didn't move up to #10 to draft Rosen and we didn't pay most of his salary. Arizona did that. All we did was trade a 4th this year and a 5th next year for Rosen when you really think about it. We already got a 2nd back for the one we used this year to trade for him. If he sucks then we draft Tua. If he plays well then we trade our #1 for a bunch of picks. What's the harm?

9. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

That TFT thing was always a false narrative.

Ppl confused rebuilding, via cutting overpriced contracts to get our salary cap under control, with "tanking".

Superself and VBCheeseGrater like this.
  10. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

F*** Tank For TUA, that type of thinking should never exist. You play to win no matter what the situation. You can't have dignity with that type of mindset plain and simple. WTF is wrong with people on this board.

11. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Lmao No it's not. This team is going to be dreadful. Look at our edge play, our offensive line, and our linebackers.

If we get the number 1 pick, we're taking Tua no matter what. Even if Rosen shows tremendous upside in his starts. All we did is just hedge the bet.

Honeybager08 and fin415 like this.
  12. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Well we still have questions on who's going to rush the passer, how much better our oline is going to be, are we going to have an effective run game, how are the smurfs going to perform, can we cover a TE, is opposite of X going to be a liability, is Giesecki going to improve?, and is Flores a good coach because for all we know he could be Cam Cameron part 2.

Whether we completely suck this year or not is not going to change just because we have Rosen now.

NBP81 likes this.
  13. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The Fitzpatrickiest team in the NFL Finheaven VIP

Don't know much about a player, but made a judgment about the player based off that lack of knowledge.

Seems about right.

AZStryker, JAKEIII, NBP81 and 6 others like this.
  14. Bruh Man

Bruh Man Active Member

We don't need Tua when we have Rosen leading us to the playoffs. He's going to be a star.

JAKEIII likes this.
  15. Bopkin02

Bopkin02 Seasoned Veteran

No 100% guarantee that Tua even declares.
    Maybe, probably, but....