well | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

well

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
happy holidays to all no matter what u believe in, and happy new year !!!!!!!!!!
right back at ya dude, have a good one!

alas, only one more game left. oh well, after the fins are out, i turn to college. sundays won't be the same until next year. still get to wipe my feet on some bills fans though!:D

yeah merry christmas to everbody and happy new year hopefully a happy new year for our fins in 04.after sunday we wont see the fins for 8 months sundays will suck all we get is nascar whoopeee!!!

Re: Re: well

Originally posted by dolfan06
right back at ya dude, have a good one!

alas, only one more game left. oh well, after the fins are out, i turn to college. sundays won't be the same until next year. still get to wipe my feet on some bills fans though!:D

I hear you on that one.....football was a great excuse to put off homework even later when I was in college.....it just wasn't the same in the spring!!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
hey i like nascar!!!!

And I drive a pick up truck...

go ahead call me a red neck. lol
ha ha i live in tennessee (DUH) nascar is big down here its allright nothing like football though.i watch it sometimes because theres nothing else on but come sept i forget it.

i lived in Johnson City for a few years (going to ETSU for 1 1/2 years) back in 95/96 time.....being 1/2 hour from Bristol......yeah they love their Nascar! When I first moved up there I was pulled over for speeding and the cop asked me if I was "Jeff Gordon"......me....a stupid 20 year old at the time, from S. FL who didn't watch Nascar replied "....uh....I am if it will get me out of the ticket....but I'm not if he's got a warrant out for him..."

I was trying to joke around a bit with him as it was obvious I wasn't (driver's license)....his next question was "where are you from boy"....

"....just moved here a few months ago from Ft. Lauderdale, sir".

.."uh...ok.....uh....have a good night then"

I think he was dumbfounded that I didn't know who the icon was at that moment.....my friends up there pointed it out pretty quickly afterwards and we had a good laugh about it...

Yea, tha'ts why I just started watching it 2 years ago. I need something to watch during the off season until baseball starts up.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Yea, tha'ts why I just started watching it 2 years ago. I need something to watch during the off season until baseball starts up.
baseball?? not a fan of the nba? id rather watch b-ball in the offseason but thats just me.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
ha ha i live in tennessee (DUH) nascar is big down here its allright nothing like football though.i watch it sometimes because theres nothing else on but come sept i forget it.

Nascar shouldn't be even considered a sport. If i wanted to watch cars all day I would hang out by the freeway. How hard is it to press a gas pedal? :confused:

Originally posted by tenndolfan
baseball?? not a fan of the nba? id rather watch b-ball in the offseason but thats just me.

I'm a bball fan as well. celtics baby. But I like baseball a lot more then bball and football a lot more then baseball.

So baseball is the next in command as far as sports go, but I have to get through a little nascar first.

It's harder then you think, the inside of those cars get extremely hot, and it's very hard to lift your hands up to keep them on the wheel let alone turn the wheel when you are doing 180+ miles an hour, 200 on the super speed ways. I used to think that way until I went in a ride along, I dont know how they do it.

I've never been in either.....but they say from studies that the mindset of a race-car driver is the same as a jet-fighter pilot and requires as much concentration and effort. They started studying the mind of "racers" many years ago when a lot of the public perception was that these guys were just a bunch of high-school dropouts on too much testosterone etc. (you get the picture). Well....they found out quite the opposite. They are mature, dedicated, calculated, calm cool and efficient when the world is wizzing by faster then most of us could comprehend or would dare to even go along in the passenger seat without getting scared.

Then again.....I prefer sportbike racing, AMA etc..... :)

Yes HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all and HAPPY NEW YEAR as well. I'm going to miss the NFL on Sunday that's for sure. I don't even know if I'll be able to get into the playoffs after this dissapointing season. Oh well the one thing that is as reliable as the sun is by next May or June I will be getting psyched for what I will believe to be "the year the fins win the Super Bowl" again, like I do every season. Should be an interesting off season.

Back
Top Bottom