Wentz on the verge of being traded.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wentz on the verge of being traded....

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, citing two unnamed NFL personnel sources, reports that the Eagles are “close to trading” Wentz.

So that looks like it’s gonna happen. Jeff McLane ain’t printing it if it’s otherwise.

Colts jump to mind first. Bears could fix their cap situation but Mack would likely have to help. Carolina seems like a great spot too.

I am salivating at seeing these details and who gave up what/who’s paying what.

I live in Eagles country so I gotta know. Ok

I can't imagine any team would bite on Wentz without first agreeing to redo his absurd contract.
His new contract should be 2 years 40 million with incentives going up to 50 million. Wentz needs to prove himself at this point. With a third year 35 million dollar option.

Just read the Bears are in the lead with a bid of (2) 1st round picks and David Montgomery! Wow! Move from Trubisky just to give up (2) 1st and your starting RB for Wentz? Yikes!Screenshot_20210206-150610_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210206-150630_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210206-150646_Chrome.jpg

Bears are already 10 mill over the cap. Work to be done there
Thats a strong point right here. And the worst part is they cannot shed Trubisky's 9.2 million guaranteed without a trade. Bears are in a rough spot.
My guess is Wentz will head to Indy. I was thinking that maybe he could land in Washington but doubt the Eagles wanna roll the bones on the chance Wentz catches fire and they are facing him twice a year.

EDIT: Holy cow! 2 first round picks and a player? WUT! For Wentz? Thats blows my mind after the year he had. Jay Cutler 2.0?

Wentz has regressed over the past two years. Perhaps it was because of his problems with the Eagles former HC or perhaps it is because he isn’t really a good leader. Yet the fact he COULD be traded for two first round draft picks just shows how desperate teams are for even a slightly above average QB in the NFL.

I understand the Rams trading two first round picks for Stafford because they are in a win now position and he is a top ten QB. Wentz on the other hand
is a middle of the pack QB and he isn’t worth more than a second or third round pick, IMO.

With what teams are asking for to trade QB’s now, the price for Watson keeps going up if the Texans do decide to trade him. They will likely get at least four firsts, two seconds, and at least one defensive starter if they trade him. Hopefully it will NOT be the Dolphins who are dumb enough to make that trade.

Give it a little while, someone will be along to start a new thread about why the Dolphins should give up a gazillion draft picks to recruit Wentz

Thats a strong point right here. And the worst part is they cannot shed Trubisky's 9.2 million guaranteed without a trade. Bears are in a rough spot.
My guess is Wentz will head to Indy. I was thinking that maybe he could land in Washington but doubt the Eagles wanna roll the bones on the chance Wentz catches fire and they are facing him twice a year.

EDIT: Holy cow! 2 first round picks and a player? WUT! For Wentz? Thats blows my mind after the year he had. Jay Cutler 2.0?
I thought Trubisky is a free agent since the Bears declined his option.

Wentz to the Colts would have been great for him due to Reich. To the Bears....awful. Nagy couldn't coach the QBs he had. To take on another reclamation project, and do it while spending massive value in a trade is beyond stupid.

Trubisky didn't play very well the last two years, but honestly he was still better than Wentz. He's inaccurate and inconsistent but makes occasional plays and has a poor man's Josh Allen athletic ability. The Bears reclaimed their season with him this year simply because the threat of him running a read option opened up the running lanes for the first time in two years.

Just an awful move. I'm hoping for my dad's Bears and for Wentz that he lands in Indy.

These team ain't wasting too much time w qb. if they ain't good.. so dolphins u need pay attention what going on in nfl w qb..Tua u better be ready in 2021..that my advise to Tua.

Wentz is damage good. In this case they should keep there qb.. winder if we can get bears qb as backup

Back
Top Bottom