We're doomed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We're doomed

David

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I doubt we'll even be able to compete with the Jets or Bills.

I just can't believe he just up and left the team.

I almost feel like doing the same.

No...without Ricky we will now be comeptitive with the Jets and Bills instead of owning them.

fin-atic said:
No...without Ricky we will now be comeptitive with the Jets and Bills instead of owning them.
lol

I'm actuall not that down. I'm just shocked as hell. It's going to be tough going.

David said:
lol

I'm actuall not that down.
Obviously not... where's you faith, you sound like a bandwagon fan.:shakeno:

Nice Forum...

fin-atic said:
That sounds about right, although I personally wouldn't say that you have "owned" them. I seem to remember the Bills and Jets winning some of those matchups -- even when Ricky was running for 200+ yards. Take away a chunk of those yards and where are you? 8-8, 9-7? I think that is a reasonable expectation. At least half of the games that you used to "find a way to win" -- without actually putting any real points on the board -- just went in the loss column. The real meaning of the loss of Ricky is that the pressure on your defense just went through the roof.

PatriotGOD said:
That sounds about right, although I personally wouldn't say that you have "owned" them. I seem to remember the Bills and Jets winning some of those matchups -- even when Ricky was running for 200+ yards. Take away a chunk of those yards and where are you? 8-8, 9-7? I think that is a reasonable expectation. At least half of the games that you used to "find a way to win" -- without actually putting any real points on the board -- just went in the loss column. The real meaning of the loss of Ricky is that the pressure on your defense just went through the roof.

So it is back to the pre-Ricky days. In fact if you truely think about it, are we that much worse off as when we had Lamar Smith?

i think it will all depend on who steps up to play. Minor is a pretty good back and can carry the load as long as it's not up the middle getting killed. Maybe the rest of the players will be motivated by the mere thought that they have something to prove (let's hope)

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
So it is back to the pre-Ricky days. In fact if you truely think about it, are we that much worse off as when we had Lamar Smith?
The Pats had Antowain Smith for the past three seasons. Look where that got them. Now the Titans feel they can get by with him -- instead of George? Running backs aren't really that important. They are over-valued by most fans -- probably because they play fantasy football. Systems are important. Unfortunately for the Dolphins the offense was disproportionately designed around Ricky. They are going to have their work cut out for them to find ways to get yards that they used to get simply by handing him the rock. They are going to have to "think" and that will be the real challenge for the coaching staff that you have. They can play a good game of smashmouth football, but they don't know many other tricks.

PatriotGOD said:
The Pats had Antowain Smith for the past three seasons. Look where that got them. Now the Titans feel they can get by with him -- instead of George? Running backs aren't really that important. They are over-valued by most fans -- probably because they play fantasy football. Systems are important. Unfortunately for the Dolphins the offense was disproportionately designed around Ricky. They are going to have their work cut out for them to find ways to get yards that they used to get simply by handing him the rock. They are going to have to "think" and that will be the real challenge for the coaching staff that you have. They can play a good game of smashmouth football, but they don't know many other tricks.

This may be a first. I agree with a Pats fan...

Not having a premier running back can be overlooked, if you have a good quarterback.
I guess it depends on your opinion of our quarterbacks, do we have someone who can throw the ball downfield ?

Is not so much about throwing the ball downfield.Not having Ricky Williams will force Dave to be mixed up the pass and run better and be less predictable,which will help the offense.

Guys I am just as upset as you. After a great day of fishing in the intercoastal I came home late last night to find this out. I can say this, we are no longer paper champions. It is now time for this team to suck it up and play as a team. After all this offseason has produced hopefully it is this that lights that spark to get us going. NE has won 2 of the last 3 SBs with subpar RBs. So hopefully this team will come together and prove that we are a winning franchise.

Back
Top Bottom