Were you like this before? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Were you like this before?

Have you always been like this?

• always like this! I had Miami Dolphin Huggies!

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • I have turned into a Dolphins lunatic with the invention of the inetrnet.

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
come on rafael. admitt it. you weren't a fan in the late 80's, u were too busy making cartoons and movies.

how are your 3 brothers anyways? and what is april up to now a days? did her and leonardo ever hook up?

There may be a slight resemblance, but that's a different Rafael. I think that guy is more into extreme sports anyways.

Originally posted by Rebar71
I was a Chargers fan until I was about 12 - which coincidentally enough is when I first saw Marino in '83.

C'mon - gimme a break. I grew up in San Diego.

Actually that's cool since that was the pre-Spanos era there.:lol:
Also at that time the Chargers had a great great quarterback, an innovative coach, great uniforms(the gold pants, bright blue helmets) and as you and I both grew to love the Dolphins more, a leaky defense:rolleyes: .

As sad as it may be, I am the only real Dolphin Fan in my family. I have cousins that are PC correct fans and nod that they like the home team, but I am the only nut who is Finatic (shameless pun) about it. M sister got married about 5 years ago and my bro-in-law is a huge Cowboys fan and likes the Fins second... it's better then nothing. At least I now have 'family' to watch games with. Can't wait... having Turkey-Day at their house this year...

I was always a fan, but I got hooked in '85. A good friend of mine's father did the scout game film for the team and I got to go to the games and run around the OB w/ access to the press box and all. It was cool! I think it was getting soaked beating the Bears and preserving the undefeated season that cemented it. Also got to go to the SB that year vs. 49rs. Even though we lost, I had the bug!

Enough family history, back to the thread.
I remember the time between the draft and training camp as no news. Nothing, nada! Then a paragrah a day in the back of the Herald was it till the games started. It was painful... The internet changed everything. The season is now year round for me. But I think it's bad too. Like right now I am so hyped for the season to start, it might actually be better if I didn't know anything...

The game should be great when Miami stomps Dallas on Turkey Day this year ;).

i saw my first fin game in 95 when i was 10 years old.i was watchin cartoons and my bro came and switched it to football...i said what is that and he told me this is what i should be watchin and i have ever since.i didnt become real addicted like i am now until the 99 season.

Well, I've been a Miami fan since I started watching/playing football. I wasn't a die-hard fan until the internet came along. Being stuck in the middle of the desert, it was impossible to get Miami Dolphins news. Man, I love the internet......

I have to be careful with this thing tho. One of my favorite things to do is take myself out to breakfast, buy a couple differant newspapers and read about the Phins. Sometimes, although itching for news, I`ll not turn this site on for that reason.

Been a Phin's Fan since Robbie...

and Danny Thomas and the whole crew brought football to South Florida. Read everything I could get my hands on in two newspapers about the early team, and have been hooked ever since. Heard the first game of the opening season on a "transistor" radio. Big think back then. I was 15, so whatever passed for huggies were definitely not on the agenda, and they didn't have a lot of marketing stuff back then...

I have been a dolphins fan for life, but didnt know it most of the time. My dad was a fan since 73, when he moved from Long Island to Miami... He came down to a team that had just won the superbowl and was perfect... He loved the Jets, but a few fin games fixed that quickly... He has gone through 30 years of fins greatness and hardships...

My mom lived in NJ until she was 8, but has been a dolphin fan for life... A SERIOUS DOLPHIN FAN! My grandpa used to come down to Miami on business, and would bring her and my uncle back Dolphin souviners. (The souviners are now worth A LOT of money, but my mom somehow lost them... CURSE HER!!! One piece of memorabilia was a record player that only played the Dolphins fight song...)

When my mom moved to Miami, she was already a fin fan, and when she married my dad, it was a match made in "Finheaven" (LOL)

In 89, i was born, and my blood was aqua and orange... For 11 years, I had FADD (Football Attention Deficet Disorder) I could not sit through one game without fidgeting or falling asleep. As hard as my dad tried, he just could not get me to love the game.... Just when he was about to give up, A light shined down from heaven... It was a Sunday night, and we were playing the Titans, I suddenly became very interested, becasue my parents were very excited... I watched the entire game, and when Zach intercepted the ball and ran it back for a touchdown, I knew that this was something special, The Miami Dolphins. For 16 more weeks, I loved every moment of Fins football, and even cryed when we lost to the Ravens in the 2001 playoffs...

Last February, I discovered Finheaven, and that sealed the deal. I became one of the biggest fin fans in south florida... In a matter of 4 months, I had become obsessed with the Miami Dolphins, and football itself... Now, I come on Finheaven everyday, and never miss one minute of any fin game... I have done so much research, and I now feel that i have lived through the fins for 37 years... I know everything about them, I might even be able to name the starting lineup for the 1972 team... I can not express how much I love the fins, and how much work I have put into following them. Good night, and God Bless the Dolphins.

-Bum :surf:

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
Actually that's cool since that was the pre-Spanos era there.:lol:
Also at that time the Chargers had a great great quarterback, an innovative coach, great uniforms(the gold pants, bright blue helmets) and as you and I both grew to love the Dolphins more, a leaky defense:rolleyes: .
Those were some great years - Fouts with Chandler, Joiner, and Winslow were the best air attack in the game until Marino came along with Duper and Clayton. They obviously didn't have much play-off success, but they were exciting too watch. I even got to meet Winslow when I was kid - he came to my elementary school and played kick ball with my class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by superphin
i saw my first fin game in 95 when i was 10 years old.

I feel old. :hitself:

I can't quite remember when I started liking the dolphins.... it was right around 93-94 if I recall correctly... which would mean I was 12 or 13 a the time... Though I don't know if that counts.... As the youngest son, and the only one who liked football... I never got to watch. In about 1996-1997 or so, we moved and one of the guys I became buddies with was a huge KC fan. That's when I started watching and activley following 'em. Before that, I didn't know the first thing about football... just that I liked the 'Phins. I suffered through 2 or 3 years of being a fan only getting to watch the occasional game, and never getting any football info other than 'Skins news (god I hate them for that)... 98 or 99 I got AOL, and have been scavenging for Phins stuff ever since. I live near Detroit now, and I'm sad to say that I've never ever seen my team in person. Wish I could have seen Danny play, but next time the 'Phins travel to Detroit, chances are I'll be there!

finfan since '82...i was 7 or 8 years old and my dad got a hideous tri colored miami super bowl XXVII cap(montreal expos style) from wendy's for free with a value meal(a week before riggins beat us :fire: ). he gave it to me...and now i belong in the insane asylum with the rest of you lunatics :hitself:

This site has actually gotten me alot closer to the fins. I have always been a fan I remember crying when we lost to the skins in the SB. But I check this site everyday sometimes I can not post due to work but It has definately kept me sain in the offseason and got my toes tinglinging during training camp

Saw my first football game on t.v when I was 7 and it was the fins vs. the vikes in the S.B. I do not know if it was the aqua uniforms or seeing the likes of Shula,Griese,Csonka,Warfield all on the same team that sealed it for me. Growing up and living in N.Y made it very difficult to get any real info about the fins. Anybody that is 30ish and did not live in Fla. were reduced to seeing the phins only when they would play your local team(in my case twice a year against the Jets) or when they were on M.N.F. On a sun. you would have to wait till halftime to get a score or call a sportsphone # to get up to the minute scores. Then the networks started updated the scores every 10 minutes.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Then came along the greatest invention known to man......N.F.L Sunday Ticket. Have seen every snap of everygame since 1996. Have even gone down to see them play 5 different times and been to every training camp for the last 4 years. Now with the internet and this site , this is my first stop every morning before I read the paper.

Back
Top Bottom