Wes putting some crazy numbers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes putting some crazy numbers

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
wes missed 2 games of this season yet took the lead for the number catches this week
he is leading the nfl with 46 reception not playing 2 games .
he is avg 96.8 yds/game [including the ones he missed ] if not over 100 yrds/game .
at this rate after 2yrs of leading the NFL in catches he might set the best receiving
3 yr span for any WR in the history of NFL. 2yrs with brady and 1 with Cassel.

Crazy numbers

they throw the ball 9 mil times and dump it off to him 8 million. he actually has some TDs this year but his job is so easy playing w/ the best QB in the game and alongside one of the most dangerous WRs.

they throw the ball 9 mil times and dump it off to him 8 million. he actually has some TDs this year but his job is so easy playing w/ the best QB in the game and alongside one of the most dangerous WRs.
really so you saying every team has 2 or 3 guys like this....

really so you saying every team has 2 or 3 guys like this....

There are tons of WRs in this league who can do what he does. heck, a guy who never played WR before looked EXACTLY like Welker against us in week 2. He has the luxury of playig w/ the best QB in the game and opposing D's worried about the WR opposite him.

There are tons of WRs in this league who can do what he does. heck, a guy who never played WR before looked EXACTLY like Welker against us in week 2. He has the luxury of playig w/ the best QB in the game and opposing D's worried about the WR opposite him.

Then why aren't these tons of other WRs doing it? People keep saying Julian looked like Wes. Sir, I've seen Wes for years now, and Julian is no Wes. Wes is one of, if not the best slot receiver in football. Julian has played what, 2-3 games? He looked lost for good chunks of the Jets game on some of the underneath and longer option routes.

Then why aren't these tons of other WRs doing it? People keep saying Julian looked like Wes. Sir, I've seen Wes for years now, and Julian is no Wes. Wes is one of, if not the best slot receiver in football. Julian has played what, 2-3 games? He looked lost for good chunks of the Jets game on some of the underneath and longer option routes.

I was at the game and I thought Welker switched #s, he did everything exactly like Wes.

The other players don't have Randy Moss occupying DTs, the great Pats scheme or the best QB in the NFL throwing to him. He's basically a running back catching passes. Opposing D's worry about Moss not Welker.

You guys blew the SB b/c the Giants worried about Moss and not Welker, your O strugled in that postseason b/c of the same thing. They took away Moss and let Welker dink and dunk them.

I was at the game and I thought Welker switched #s, he did everything exactly like Wes.

No, not exactly. I won't keep beating into the ground, but a rook in his second game has no idea what's going on compared to Welker. He looked good, but doesn't have the quickness, speed, or in game knowledge and experience that Wes has. And, not having Welker was not the reason the Pats lost. Brady did not look good and the Jets D was ready to go. Welker is still way ahead of the rook, though.

nyjunc said:
The other players don't have Randy Moss occupying DTs, the great Pats scheme or the best QB in the NFL throwing to him. He's basically a running back catching passes. Opposing D's worry about Moss not Welker.

I'm going to assume you meant Moss was occupying DBs. Yeah, almost every play there's a safety shaded to Moss' side. We agree.

nyjunc said:
You guys blew the SB b/c the Giants worried about Moss and not Welker, your O strugled in that postseason b/c of the same thing. They took away Moss and let Welker dink and dunk them.

I refuse to admit there was even a SB that year. However, if I did see it, I would blame it on the O line or give a ton of credit to the Giants D line. That game was lost within that battle right there. Play calling was terrible, too.

I still believe if we threw to Welker more we win that game. When we finally started throwing to him in the 4th we took the lead. It seemed all game there were random bombs being thrown to Moss. Anyways...on to 2009.

Junc, If this were true, why wouldn't Manning have a guy doing it? If Welker is such a jag, there should be 10 or 20 of these guys grabbing 100 rec/yr.

I like Edelman. In 2-3yrs, he might become as good as Welker. As of now, he's maybe 50% as effective in the same scheme.

I bet Cassel would love to have a Welker clone with him in KC about now.

Junc, If this were true, why wouldn't Manning have a guy doing it? If Welker is such a jag, there should be 10 or 20 of these guys grabbing 100 rec/yr.

I like Edelman. In 2-3yrs, he might become as good as Welker. As of now, he's maybe 50% as effective in the same scheme.

I bet Cassel would love to have a Welker clone with him in KC about now.

Manning throws more down the field. Dallas Clark is his security blanket. Welker is a good player but he's more a product of the team and personnel around him.

I'm not saying Edelman is as good just that in that game he sure looked alot like Wes.

Really??? Then let me ask one question,,, ready for it???? Then why is he the only one doing it??? :rolleyes2:

You ran this same crap over at JetsNation and even you fellow Jets fans thought you made no sense. Welker is a great Wr plain and simple, deal with it. :up:

Really??? Then let me ask one question,,, ready for it???? Then why is he the only one doing it??? :rolleyes2:

Doing what? averaging 10 yds a rec like a RB?

You ran this same crap over at JetsNation and even you fellow Jets fans thought you made no sense. Welker is a great Wr plain and simple, deal with it. :up:

He's good not great. His rec totals are great, his avg is bad and he catches so many balls b/c NE dumps off so many passes. They are basically running plays ont hose quick screens and D's are not worried about Wes w/ Moss on the other side.

Doing what? averaging 10 yds a rec like a RB?

He's good not great. His rec totals are great, his avg is bad and he catches so many balls b/c NE dumps off so many passes. They are basically running plays ont hose quick screens and D's are not worried about Wes w/ Moss on the other side.

D's are 'worried about it'. They just can't stop it without leaving themselves open to damage from Moss. Big difference IMO.

Welker allows the Pats to dominate TOP most games, not allowing defenses to get off the field.

For such an average wr, he helps the Pats tally up a lot of W's, moreso than if they had a 'real' #2 wr. I agree he isn't what I or many would call a great wr, but he's the best in the game at what he does.

Back
Top Bottom