Wes putting some crazy numbers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes putting some crazy numbers

D's are 'worried about it'. They just can't stop it without leaving themselves open to damage from Moss. Big difference IMO.

Welker allows the Pats to dominate TOP most games, not allowing defenses to get off the field.

For such an average wr, he helps the Pats tally up a lot of W's, moreso than if they had a 'real' #2 wr. I agree he isn't what I or many would call a great wr, but he's the best in the game at what he does.

NE has never won a SB w/ him when Brady won 3 w/o lesser players. In postseason 2 years ago they took Moss away and it made that offense look human which allowed for the upset.

NE has never won a SB w/ him when Brady won 3 w/o lesser players. In postseason 2 years ago they took Moss away and it made that offense look human which allowed for the upset.

Blame the OC. he spent the whole day having Brady try to go deep to Moss the 1st 50 minutes of the game. If he had used a game plan similar to their 3 sb wins, I would like to think the results would have been different.

Once he did change it up in the 4th, they marched down the field, going to Moss & Welker on 10 - 15yd routes. All of a sudden that pass rush didn't seem so fierce.

You do understand that this is only the second year that Brady, Moss, and Welker have played together right ??? The first year they went 18-1 with the highest winning % per game in the history of the GAME. Seeing that they are only 7 games into their second season together a smart man might want to wait a little while before making judgments on what they "will", or "won't" do. :chuckle:

You do understand that this is only the second year that Brady, Moss, and Welker have played together right ??? The first year they went 18-1 with the highest winning % per game in the history of the GAME. Seeing that they are only 7 games into their second season together a smart man might want to wait a little while before making judgments on what they "will", or "won't" do. :chuckle:

yep and the O played their worst football of the season in the 2007 postseason when the opponents decided to do everything they could to take away Moss and make Welker beat them.

Welker is a good player but very overrated.

yep and the O played their worst football of the season in the 2007 postseason when the opponents decided to do everything they could to take away Moss and make Welker beat them.

Welker is a good player but very overrated.

Really, so your looking at the results of 1 game and belive it holds more value than the 18 other games? That is as faulty logic as there is, you would make a poor scientist. :ponder:

Really, so your looking at the results of 1 game and belive it holds more value than the 18 other games? That is as faulty logic as there is, you would make a poor scientist. :ponder:

No I'm looking at 3 games, all 3 playoff games. NE averaged 37 points a game in the reg season, in the 3 playoff games they averaged 22. Moss averaged 6 recs a game in the reg season w/ 93 yds and 1.4 TDs, Welker averaged 7 recs, 73 yds and .5 TDs a game. In postseason Moss averaged 2 recs a game, 31 yds and .33 TDs, Welker averaged 9 recs, 71 yds and .66 TDs.

Defenses made sure to not alloow Moss to keep beating them and they dared NE to beat them w/ Welker. It's why you played 3 close postseasn games and lost one of them.

No I'm looking at 3 games, all 3 playoff games. NE averaged 37 points a game in the reg season, in the 3 playoff games they averaged 22. Moss averaged 6 recs a game in the reg season w/ 93 yds and 1.4 TDs, Welker averaged 7 recs, 73 yds and .5 TDs a game. In postseason Moss averaged 2 recs a game, 31 yds and .33 TDs, Welker averaged 9 recs, 71 yds and .66 TDs.

Defenses made sure to not alloow Moss to keep beating them and they dared NE to beat them w/ Welker. It's why you played 3 close postseasn games and lost one of them.

Shocking, so what your telling me is that playoff teams, are harder to score against and therefore result in a lower average of points allowed than say the rest of the League??? :up: Congrads there hasn't been a revelation this big since the guy that discovered water is wet. :woot:

Shocking, so what your telling me is that playoff teams, are harder to score against and therefore result in a lower average of points allowed than than the rest of the League??? :up: Congrads there hasn't been a revelation this big since the guy that discovered water is wet. :woot:

22 points is a significant difference, isn't it?

2001: averaged 23 PPG in reg season, 20 in postseason
2003: averaged 22 PPG in reg season, 24 in postseason
2004: averaged 27 PPG in rge season, 28 in postseason

22 points is a significant difference, isn't it?

2001: averaged 23 PPG in reg season, 20 in postseason
2003: averaged 22 PPG in reg season, 24 in postseason
2004: averaged 27 PPG in rge season, 28 in postseason

The weather and the defenses they played (Ravens, Giants, Pittsburg, Philly) had a lot to do with that. Their scoring avg dropped a lot from Nov to Dec.

A blurb from todays Boston Herald:

"Patriots receiver Wes Welker leads the NFL with 46 receptions, despite missing two games with a knee injury. Welker has the best yards-per-game average with 96.8.

Yet what’s really nuts is that 286 of his 484 yards have been gained after contact, tops in the NFL.

Welker let us in on some of the secret.

“Understanding coverages is the key thing, knowing where defenders are, knowing which way to turn,” Welker said, “when I need to get up field, when I have a little more room to do something else with it. The main thing is securing the ball, and getting it up the field, and trying to make something happen.”

The weather and the defenses they played (Ravens, Giants, Pittsburg, Philly) had a lot to do with that. Their scoring avg dropped a lot from Nov to Dec.

The weather was alot worse when they played the Giants in week 17 than it was in the dome in Arizona.

A blurb from todays Boston Herald:

"Patriots receiver Wes Welker leads the NFL with 46 receptions, despite missing two games with a knee injury. Welker has the best yards-per-game average with 96.8.

Yet what’s really nuts is that 286 of his 484 yards have been gained after contact, tops in the NFL.

Welker let us in on some of the secret.

“Understanding coverages is the key thing, knowing where defenders are, knowing which way to turn,” Welker said, “when I need to get up field, when I have a little more room to do something else with it. The main thing is securing the ball, and getting it up the field, and trying to make something happen.”

It's basically a long handoff. he's a tough player, I respect him I just think it's crazy that people think he's up there w/ the best WRs in the league.

It's basically a long handoff. he's a tough player, I respect him I just think it's crazy that people think he's up there w/ the best WRs in the league.

Which is harder? Outsmarting a single cb or catching the ball in traffic, surrounded by safeties & lb'er's, then almost doubling the gain by avoiding them?

I don't put him in the same class as Fitzgerald, Moss, etc. Those few guys can do what Welker does, and more. Welker can't do everything they can do.

I do put him at or above most if not all the #2 wr's in the league.

I don't put him in the same class as Fitzgerald, Moss, etc. Those few guys can do what Welker does, and more. Welker can't do everything they can do.

very interesting thought. He may not be in the same class as those guys, in the sense of being a #1 reciever, or deep threat down the field, but he makes many catches.

15 receptions yesterday is quite a lot. he's now played 40 games (15 without Brady) with the patriots, and has 302 receptions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom