Wes Welker's Birthday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker's Birthday

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
Man, Wes Welker turned 27 today. someone should tell him its time to hang em up. Its obvious that he has lost his passion, abilities, and leadership. Now hes just some old man taking up a spot on the Patriots roster...

or maybe the Patriots should cut him so the Dolphins can sign him...

I am curious to see how wes and moss play with 1 yr under the belt in a new system .

Wes Welker can go **** himself. No Dolphin fan should like him.

Wes is easily the most overhyped WR in football first it started on these boards and now its reached a national level, like some sort of disease.

His ripping of the Fins last year almost as soon as he left was a little classless, even a Bills fan must admit....

His ripping of the Fins last year almost as soon as he left was a little classless, even a Bills fan must admit....

Yeah it's a little hard to understand why a player would be so happy to get away from a losing team. :yap:

If you really want classless though just wait until Losman finally gets out of Buffalo. :lol:

Yeah, **** him he signed an offer sheet that offered more money than we wanted to pay for; so we got a 2nd and a 7th rounder for the guy which resulted to getting us a franchise Center to play in between our franchise LT Jake Long and a pro bowl caliber RT in Vernom Carey.

I think it worked out very well for both teams. A player like Welker is a luxury, and only affordable on a stable franchise. You don't build teams around a guy like him, you don't throw crazy money on him; especially if you're at rock bottom, like we have been since Jimmy Johnson took over.

That was a great move letting him go, for once we didn't throw crazy money like we have done so the past couple of seasons (see McMichael); besides, he found further success being a piece of the puzzle on a good offensive system in New England.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/05/22/welker_getting_kick_out_of_it/

a nice article on wes helping moss out .

btw, what a contraction this thread is .if you goto the main thread you see alot thread on who is going to be the next slot receiver.yet most claim his position is not critical espically with a rookie qb to be his emergency outlet when he is learning.
I think ginn,chambers and wes would not only would have made a decent WR group but cheaper then signing wilford and now having to look for another starting WR .

again , the goal is put a good team by using the draft , FA not trade good players to make more draft picks. the goal is to get players and not picks. I do not critize ginn pick ever as if he turns out to be a starter and is good he is worth the pick and money spend on him.

Every year about 350 picks and udfa join the NFL and you are going to get maybe 20-25 starters and 3-5 tremendous players and if hit 1 of them then money and pick used is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom