We've Tried All the Idea... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We've Tried All the Idea...

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
...and none seem to work; now what? We tried the big name hire-Johnson and Parcells, then the up and coming coordinator-Cameron, the college coach-Saban, and the handpicked by "brilliant" football minds-Wanstead and Sparano.

...and none seem to work; now what? We tried the big name hire-Johnson and Parcells, then the up and coming coordinator-Cameron, the college coach-Saban, and the handpicked by "brilliant" football minds-Wanstead and Sporano.

Try Chud or Philbin and it's Sparano.

Jimmy quit too early. He built that elite defense very quickly. If he would have stayed, I have no duobt he would have built a super bowl team eventually.

and Cam Cameron does not represent every up and coming coordinator.

Jimmy's drafts: It looks like he lost the touch somewhere in there:

1 20 Daryl Gardener DT
3 79 Dorian Brew DB
3 80 Karim Abdul-Jabbar RB
4 113 Kirk Pointer DB
4 118 Stanley Pritchett FB
5 134 Jerris McPhail RB
5 150 Shane Burton DE
5 154 Zach Thomas LB
6 189 Shawn Wooden DB
7 230 Jeff Buckey G
7 251 Brice Hunter WR

1 15 Yatil Green WR
2 44 Sam Madison DB
3 73 Jason Taylor DE
3 92 Derrick Rodgers LB
3 93 Ronnie Ward LB
3 96 Brent Smith G
4 121 Jerome Daniels G
5 149 Barron Tanner DT
5 157 Nicholas Lopez DE
6 166 John Fiala LB
6 170 Brian Manning WR
6 173 Mike Crawford LB
6 177 Ed Perry TE
7 203 Hudhaifa Ismaeli DB

1 29 John Avery RB
2 44 Patrick Surtain DB
2 49 Kenny Mixon DE
3 79 Brad Jackson LB
3 82 Larry Shannon WR
4 102 Lorenzo Bromell DE
5 143 Scott Shaw G
6 171 Nathan Strikwerda C
6 172 John Dutton QB
7 210 Jim Bundren G

2 39 J.J. Johnson RB
2 43 Rob Konrad FB
3 72 Grey Ruegamer C
5 134 Cecil Collins RB
5 142 Bryan Jones LB
6 192 Brent Bartholomew P
7 232 Jermaine Haley DT
7 244 Joe Wong G

Perhaps this shows that players are at least as important as coaching

I'm baffled that there are hundreds of threads about the next head coach but nobody seems interested in discussing whether ANY head coach is going to have much of a chance of competing with the likes of Pitt, GB, NE, NO etc when we have no QB, poor OL, and a general lack of leadership and mental strength in the locker room. Who really has any confidence that these things are going to be fixed by the current player personnel dept ?

Jimmy was very overrated. That was some really bad drafting. Very pitiful.

Jimmy quit too early. He built that elite defense very quickly. If he would have stayed, I have no duobt he would have built a super bowl team eventually.

and Cam Cameron does not represent every up and coming coordinator.
That elite defense that never won a game past the wild card round of the playoffs and folded over and over again in the crunch. That elite defense. Please. The 2000 Ravens were an elite defense. The Dolphins' defense that JJ built were pretenders. And he never came close to finding any playmakers on offense, despite trying over and over again.

Jimmy lost the heart for the game, at some point fishing in the Keys became more important to him and it showed in his performance, I just wish he wouldn't have saddled us with Wannstedt.....something we are still trying to recover from.

Jimmy's main problem was Dan Marino for two reasons. He was dead set on turning the team into a running team when he should have build the offense about Marino. I also think that since Marino was a bigger star and well loved by the Dolphins, that seems to bother him.

Unless we get a franchise QB running the offense, I don't think it will matter who the coach is. While not impossible, it's very extremely rare to have long term success without one. Even those great defensive teams did not have long term success.

i would love jimmy as our gm though, or could you imagine him as president, he was always good at finding talent, yeah he would miss on some, but when he hit, boy did he hit

Back
Top Bottom