Whaddya Think Phinfans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whaddya Think Phinfans

CALI-13-PHIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WE LOOK AT WHAT OUR TEAM HAS DONE, AND WE THINK SUPER BOWL RIGHT? WEVE MADE SOME MOVES W/ SIGNING OR RESIGNING PLAYERS. OF COURSE WERE ALL FEELING EXCITED AND CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW OUR TEAM LOOKS. BUT JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, COMPARE THIS YEAR TO WHAT WE HAD A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN WE HAD THE SAME FEELING. YOU REMEMBER, WHEN WE GOT OUR SPEED RECEIVER IN TONY MARTIN, OUR MEAN STREAK O-LINEMAN IN KEVIN GOGAN, AND THOUGHT WE HAD A GREAT RB DUO IN CECIL THE DIESEL AND JJJ. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS.

Cali-13-phin..............

Originally posted by CALI-13-PHIN
WE LOOK AT WHAT OUR TEAM HAS DONE, AND WE THINK SUPER BOWL RIGHT? WEVE MADE SOME MOVES W/ SIGNING OR RESIGNING PLAYERS. OF COURSE WERE ALL FEELING EXCITED AND CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW OUR TEAM LOOKS. BUT JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, COMPARE THIS YEAR TO WHAT WE HAD A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN WE HAD THE SAME FEELING. YOU REMEMBER, WHEN WE GOT OUR SPEED RECEIVER IN TONY MARTIN, OUR MEAN STREAK O-LINEMAN IN KEVIN GOGAN, AND THOUGHT WE HAD A GREAT RB DUO IN CECIL THE DIESEL AND JJJ. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS.

Welcome to the boards first off cali.;) Now, to you're thread. My take is I would agree with that assesment in one aspect. I recall a certain optimism before that year(1999). I wouldn't say that optimism was as high as the current fever over the RW trade. We are definitely a much improved football team with the addition of Ricky. I know we signed Leon Searcy,which is a good signing. But, I feel honestly if we're going to be a SERIOUS Super Bowl caliber contending team, we need to obtain a pro bowl caliber o-lineman. Leon Searcy will challenge(possibly unseat) Todd Perry as the starting RG. If Olin hadn't spurned our offer and came to Miami, it would have been HUGE! Also, the resigning of Brock was huge in the fact that he's an integral part of the best secondary in the NFL(statistically), as well as the field general in calling the plays on defense. The aggresiveness shown this offseason by Dave and Rick has opened my eyes and told me that they want to WIN the Super Bowl and they're willing to take a risk/chance in order to do it. I also believe that the aggresiveness will have to continue, being that our offensive line is still in dire straits. Chris Naeole, a great pro bowl offensive lineman is available right now. Whew, that post made me tired.:sleep:

Don't know about Naole.

From what I read, we don't want him. Here's what CpuFan (of DolfanTalk) found in the Saints Boards about him:

Naeole Info.... taken for the Saints board:

---------

Hope I spelled his last name right. The Browns will be meeting with him this week and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insider info on him. What are his strengths and weakness, is he in his prime, upside or downside of career. Stuff like that. Thanks allot and congrats on moving RW, Deuce will be a stud.

Date : 03-09-02
Time : 4:07 pm

----

Ha Ha Ha....
Naeole? Do you want your team to suck? If you do sign Naeole. He is great if you like offsides and holding penalties. The best move the Saints have made this offseason was to get rid of that guy.

Time : 4:11 pm

----

his best play...
he threw his college coach into a chalkbord.
mike ditka heard that and instantly had a hard-on for him

------

Another one of
Ditka and Bill Kuharich's bad moves, we used a first round pick for him and he should have been at best a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's young and has a long career in front of him as a journeyman guard, he is absolutely nothing spectacular, better hope you have some good talent around him to take up his slack. Other than that, I like him.(lol)

Time : 5:55 pm

----

naole??
yeah i know that guy, he's about 47 yrs old, 435lbs with very slow feet. Solid veteran though.....

HAHAHA, jk He's decent, not the best but not the worst. If you want a guard without paying good money then he should be your man. (BTW he's not that old, nor that fat, and I really dont have a clue about his feet either)

CALI,

I agree that there was a lot of excitement that year but there were still a lot of questions; especially how JJ and Marino were going to deal with their immense personality conflicts (IMO this personality conflict may have cost the 'Fins a shot a Superbowl.)

I do think this is a much more complete and more unselfish team. It's also young which certainly doesn't hurt. This very well could be the best team the 'Fins have had since the mid-eighties.

I'm somewhat scheptical about adding the "Super Bowl" label at this point when we haven't even seen a game yet but it's hard not to get caught up in the hype. I'm actually afraid to jinx them. :) On that note however, I am more excited about this team and this season than I've ever been for any other season since I've been a fan. I hope they live up to the hype. :goof:

By the way, welcome aboard, this is an awesome MB.

P.S. What part of Cali are you from?

THANX EXPO. IM GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IM FROM SAN JOSE. WHICH MEANS IM 45 MINS AWAY FROM SAN FRAN AND OAKTOWN. WHICH ALSO MEANS I WAS THERE TO SEE MY TEAM LOSE TO OAKTOWN 27-0, AND 21-0 TO SAN FRAN. AT THE SAN FRAN GAME, IT WAS ABOUT 65% 49ER FANS AND 30 % DOLPHIN FANS. THE OTHER 5 % WERE WEARING JERSEYS FROM OTHER TEAMS. NOW THE RAIDER GAME, ALL MY DOLPHIN FANS SEEMED TO BE OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE WE ONLY MADE UP ABOUT 2% OF THE CROWD. I CANT WAIT TO GO TO MIAMI.

Who knows, you may actually get to see the Dolphins score one day. There's something.
Everytime, I think about what the Dolphins are doing this offseason, I keep having one thought, " If you always do, what you've always done, you're always gonna get, what you've always got."
Well, obviously, things are being done differently this offseason. I guess that means we can look forward to getting a different result.
With the talent that is already here and adding a big time player to the mix, I don't think we'LL be any WORSE than last year. Do you?

The Dolphins had Baltimore receiver Patrick Johnson in for a physical Monday. On Wednesday, the Dolphins will host Indianapolis receiver Terrence Wilkins. ... The Dolphins also are considering bringing in former Arizona receiver Rob Moore, who missed the past two seasons because of leg injuries ... Defensive end Jason Taylor is scheduled to be on the MTV show Cribs on Wednesday.
Man....it just gets better and better all the time.:cool:

Well said....

Originally posted by inFINSible
Who knows, you may actually get to see the Dolphins score one day. There's something.
Everytime, I think about what the Dolphins are doing this offseason, I keep having one thought, " If you always do, what you've always done, you're always gonna get, what you've always got."
Well, obviously, things are being done differently this offseason. I guess that means we can look forward to getting a different result.
With the talent that is already here and adding a big time player to the mix, I don't think we'LL be any WORSE than last year. Do you?

Welcome Cali-13

This situation is much better than the '99 season.

JJJ was a rookie, he had no NFL experience. RW is a stud back.

Barring injury and some minor changes to the line (so far Leon Searcy is a good move), they will be better than the 2000 season when Lamar Smith rushed for 1200 yds.

Our receiving corps is by far better and much deeper than that recieving corp in '99. We still have our best receiver from '99(Gasden), then throw in Chambers, Mcknight, Ward. There is no comparison. And this corp will also help out the running game because of the emergence of Chambers. CC vs. Tony Martin Bhawawahahaha....No contest!

Jimmy Johnson's regime vs. Wannie's regime. Wannie is a better coach than Jimmy.

And now most importantly we have NORV TURNER. Which will be 10 times better than Gary Stevens. Turner's offenses (Dallas, San Diego, and Washington) have consistently been in the top 10 and if you compare any of his offenses to the one that is developing in Miami this year, they are almost simular. And to top it off, San Diego's offense doesn't have the quality players (besides Ladanian Tomlison) that we possess and they still finished either #9 or 10 in the NFL.

To me the forecast looks really good for our Fins, and yes they are more improved than our '99 team. Wann-Spiel are making great moves this offseason, moves I didn't think were possible (RW and Marion) and I don't think they are done yet.

GO FINS!

That isn't the same Naeole that I have heard of. And the Vikings fans think Kenny Mixon is good. Maybe we should back off Naeole.

The hype a few years ago was nothing like the "buzz" we all felt when we were trading for Fryar and signing Keith Jackson. We were building up the O for Dan and the hype was huge. Almost every paper or person was saying this is Dan's year...Well the Shula era will always be remembered for 2 things...72 undefeated season. And wasting the "Marino" years. He just didn't focus on D like he should have. Very few draft picks or f/a pick ups for the D.

Not much too add except too say I like the player additions so far and am glad too see Chan Gailey depart. I think there will be alot more harmony on the team which is also important. The Patriots weren't necessarilly the most talented team but they were hitting on all cylinders at the end of the season. Looking back we also were really hobbled by injuries last season which can keep any team from finishing strong. Anyway, its still a long way from gametime and there are alot more important additions we may be able too make before then. Goo Dolphins!!!

I'm excited about this coming season...

...but with caveats, not only concerning the O/line.

During the Superbowl commentary we had in the UK on Skysports, the expert (2 time superbowl winner) said (before it actually started to happen) that a good D can stop a great O.

Which leads me to the question, then why can't a great D like ours (citing St. Louis and San Francisco as opportunities to prove the point)?

The conclusion I have to reach is poor play caling from the coaching staff. One of the things that draws me to this sport is the cerebral side. The chess match between coaches. Isn't this where we are failing against playoff bound teams (losing the game to the Jets when we were winning so well by halftime up there is another case in point)? I feel a new thread coming on.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom