What 3 positions? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What 3 positions?

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Let's face it FinFans, we are only going to get 3 (at the most) quality or impact players in the draft that can help us win this year. We obviously have to rely on our 1st, 3rd, and 4th picks, but we really can't count on 6th and 7th rounders to do much of anything. When's the last time someone that was picked that low contributed heavily?

So, since we can only count on 3 good players....what positions do we go for? I think O-line has to be clearly one of those positions and I hope its our best pick. With the Boston and Edwards signings, it changes things a bit. WR and Safety are no longer need issues. I think the other 2 will be at Linebacker and DT. Both areas are currently manned by older players and we need to start developing depth and competition. I could see a WR, if Sullivan doesn't like Thompson or Tolver.

In summary, I think we will go OL, Linebacker, and DT in rounds 1-4. Probably in that order. My picks are Andrews, Lehman, and I'm still looking at Round 4.

Asking anybody outside the first round to be an instant contributer is risky business. Other than first rounders I do not expect anything from the other rookies, and what we do get out of them is a bonus.

I go BPA. IMO we aren't in such dire need at any position that we should pass up a great player. If you have players closely ranked then you consider position.

Lehman wont be there at 87 he is projected in the late second if we go LB in round three my money is on Demorrio Williams. I am liking Junior Saivii at 87 as well but, I think he could be had later so the pick could be Williams.

The last time a 6th or 7th rounder made an impact as a rookie was Shawn Wooden (rd.6 pick # 189) who started 7 games at FS in 1996. Ed Perry, (6-177, 1997) did start 4 games at TE when we opened with a double TE instead of a FB.

We have actually done almost as well drafting "future" prospects in those rounds, Jermaine Haley (7-232, 1999), Leonard Henry (7-241, 2002), and Yeremiah Bell (6-213, 2003). The last one is contingent on how Bell recovers by this training camp.

I think you still got to pick a WR. With McKnight and Gadsden gone and Thompson's subpar year added along with the inexperience of Tolver and Simmons, and no one knows what to expect from Boston. The only one you can really count on right now is Chambers. The more available bodies at the WR position the better.

Like I always say, we can get a good player in any round and we can get a bad player in any round too. I do feel like o-line,DT,LB and WR are the top needs for us.

Ozzy rules!!

oline with first pick, could be starter or solid backup first year. 3rd round get wr with kick return ability, will at least help on special teams and could be 3rd wr. 4th round dt, many dts can contribute immediately especially if you just need them to be space eaters. rounds 6 and 7, 2 lbs with special teams in mind and a qb with at least one good to great attribute.

Back
Top Bottom