What a difference a year makes in the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a difference a year makes in the AFC East

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It is amazing what can happen in a year. Last year we had Bill and Jet fans ridiculing every move the Dolphins were making and the state of our organization. This is not meant as any kind of smack but to look back to see how quickly things can change. Bill and Jets fans could not point out fast enough the following points:
1. Our record of 4-12 for the year(a year later the Bills have a 5 and 11 season and the Jets a 3-13)..don't think they find it as funny
2.The state of our QBS...rightly so(a year later the Jets have to wonder the status of Chad and the Bills are split on if Losman is the answer at all)
3.The hiring of Nick Saban. The question of if he could coach on this level..is he another Spurrier..if he would be able to adjust to the pro game..would his style grate of the players...all have been answered..and answered loud and clear(a year later the Bills fired almost the entire coaching staff..the coach resigns..an organization right now wth alot of problems. The jets have a coach who did not want to be there and jumped out as quick as he could. Now they are looking to hire someone who has no head coaching experience and should have alot of the same questions that followed Saban
4. The Dolphins bringing in Dan Marino and his subsiquent quitting...alot of Bill and jet fans got alot of mileage out of this one...and it was a pretty embarassing situation(a year later the Bills bring in Marv Levyand hope he rekindles the days of old and have a coach quit outright to the astonishment of the front office. The jets have a coach who openly bargained to jump to another organization and hindered a chance to get better draft choices out of the trade
What a difference a year makes when you find so much amusement in other teams misery...those same miseries usually find there way right back in your own backyard.

hdjetta6316 said:
Saban is the Messiah of Football!

So far a 9-7 Messiah....Fear has stricken the entire NFL knowing that. :D

MR NFLFAN said:

Yeah, and I'm sure the NFL was shaking in their collective boots when Belichick went 5-11 in his first year with the pats. :rolleyes:

MR NFLFAN said:

Come on you got to admit he did a good job in his first year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Yeah, and I'm sure the NFL was shaking in their collective boots when Belichick went 5-11 in his first year with the pats. :rolleyes:

Nobody knows about that because no one was a New England fan back then:sidelol:

nephinsfan said:
Nobody knows about that because no one was a New England fan back then:sidelol:

Fan Police.... Fan Police...

Dirtywater said:
Fan Police.... Fan Police...

heh heh......what can I say, I am an Oh So Fashionable and Trendy kinda guy!!!

(that and I was pointing out the fact that MrNfl fan was making fun of Sabans first year record of 9-7 all while not mentioning the fact that his boy went 5-11)

Back
Top Bottom