What a shame: Wayne Chrebet | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a shame: Wayne Chrebet

Wayne is a gamer! no doubt I hope he gets the right advice.I can't believe I'm giving props to a Jet,but he's definitly worthy of it.

That's sad. I liked him as well. Sucks to see his career end like that.

A buddy of mine that worked for a MLB team has a term he uses that applies to Chrebet:

"You can look at that guy and tell...he's a player" I don't like the Jerks...but i respect Wayne Chrebet!

Pretty sad stuff. Chrebat was one of my fav Jets players(among Martin), and I'm glad to see him do the right thing. great career by the guy and I'm sure that he will be missed deeply.

and the camera angle was good so you could see the confusion in his eyes, as soon as he quit sliding. I was thinking to myself that it looked like the kind of headshot that makes you want to puke.

Poor *******, I can't say I like him, even as a Jet, but as a person, I certainly hope he decides to retire, because there is more to life than football, and you can't enjoy it if you are a vegetable.

Chrebet always gave it his all and left it out on the field for the Jets...he reminds me a lot of a guy named Eddie McCaffrey who played the Broncos for many years, although Eddie Mac was much taller. They both had fantastics hands and always seemed to be the guys to go to when you needed a clutch 1st down. I wish Wayne the best.

I thought he should have retired 2 years ago after he was knocked out for the year in october w/ concussion problems. he came back and made it through last year but you knew any big hit ton the head and he was done. It was fitting his last play was a big 1st down catch, he'll be missed but he made a great career for himself and I just hope he doesn't have post-concussion syndrome like Al Toon.

nyjunc said:
I thought he should have retired 2 years ago after he was knocked out for the year in october w/ concussion problems. he came back and made it through last year but you knew any big hit ton the head and he was done. It was fitting his last play was a big 1st down catch, he'll be missed but he made a great career for himself and I just hope he doesn't have post-concussion syndrome like Al Toon.
I will miss Chrebet great heart..tough guy.. hard worker and he killed us a lot :lol: he was basically the anti meshawn/T.O. ... How bad off is Al Toon ?? this is the first ive heard he had problems.

zeke0123 said:
I will miss Chrebet great heart..tough guy.. hard worker and he killed us a lot :lol: he was basically the anti meshawn/T.O. ... How bad off is Al Toon ?? this is the first ive heard he had problems.

Toon has suffered from post concussion syndrome and while I think he is doing ok now for many years he was in bad shape b/c of it.

Back
Top Bottom