What a weekend! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a weekend!

Originally posted by Dajesus
We missed out on Kreutz, but made a block buster trade for one of the top rbs in the league and resigned our best FA. I am very excited about keeping Brock i didn't think it would happen, but i though he was the most important free agent we had, and has emerged as a big leader on d.

I totally Hear you about Brock Marion! He is the real deal and is a major IMPACT player on our defense! That signing just put a cherry on top of an INCREDIBLE weekend and definately put the Dolphins in contention! I am sooo STOKED!!!:D

Originally posted by booyeah_

Is Wynn a FA or did the Jags cut him?

He's a FA, I think, anyway here's the article, check all the way to the end in the" bargain rack."
Free Agent buyers guide

As far as Bromell goes, haven't we been waiting for him to "step up" for about three years now? last year was his BIG chance and not only did he fail to reach double digits in sacks but he couldn't even draw the double team away fron JT.
Hey, when your only job is to rush the passer, you should be pretty GD good at it. I wouldn't pay Bromell big money on a 3 or 4 year contract which he is sure to find somewhere else.
We can sign Wynn for a year and see what happens and then we can resign him or go another direction whatever the case may be. Bromell may eventually become the pass rushing beast that we need, but we cant' commit the kind of money to him that he seems to want if he hasn't given us a reason to think that there will be improvement. I f we sign him for three years, we are stuck with his blistering 5 sacks a year, I'd rather see the money go to other options.

I missed all the excitement...

...not such a good weekend on the family front (dad in hospital). I have to add my congrats to Wanny, Spiel and the team. This has been a great trade/FA period and totally had me gripped. Shame I had to work in between reading about the wheeling and dealing really.

I trust them to improve this team and take us to the next level, though it may be tough again if we get injuries late in the season. But you have to make some compromises with the Cap situation and we look like a contender now. Go Fins. I'll try and find some time to modify my avatar with Paint, to add some dreads!!:lol:

Thanks to all the posters during the last few weeks too, who have helped to keep the situation up to date for all of us. Finheaven rocks. :band: :happydrin

Hats off to the Dolphin organization in all. It has truly been an intense offseason thus far, and the Brock resigning should be the icing on the cake, a SuperBowl victory would be the 'Cherry on top'! Go Phins!! Do The Damn Thang!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add about LoBro! He sucks, and can be replaced internally. David Bowens has proven to be an active force along the front line. He doesnt give up after the QB has dispathced of the ball, he actually pursues down the line making himself available to make a play, not smashing the QB 2 steps 2 late! Given the needed reps, be it practice or gametime experience, I think Bowens would be a surprise hit in this league! His motor never stops, which makes him a terror in QB pursuits! To come in on obvious passing downs to rest DG would be an ideal situation for this guy to get double digit sacks! Let'em play!

Back
Top Bottom