What a weekend! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a weekend!

Jay doesn't have the arm of Troy obviously.

Jay is still an accurate QB on the short-medium passes.

Jay can still hit the longer passes, but he's just average at it.

Jay can run for yards though.

Lets all hope that he can pull off that impression well ;)

We missed out on Kreutz, but made a block buster trade for one of the top rbs in the league and resigned our best FA. I am very excited about keeping Brock i didn't think it would happen, but i though he was the most important free agent we had, and has emerged as a big leader on d.

there's still 1 day left - they way things are going nothing Wanne-Spiel accomplish this off-season will suprise me. :D

Re: this is what I mean

Originally posted by dolphan39
I do not know how we are gonna pay him, but:

Dolphins | Bromell Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:24 PT: Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel with Saturday's loss of free agent DE Kenny Mixon to the Minnesota Vikings, the Miami Dolphins are expected to intensify their efforts to re-sign top backup DL Lorenzo Bromell, who also is an unrestricted free agent.

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fl-mixon030902.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Please let LoBro go.....why do we want to sign players who we already know will be nothing more than average?:confused: Find some one with some potential at least.:nono:

Re: Re: this is what I mean

Originally posted by inFINSible

Please let LoBro go.....why do we want to sign players who we already know will be nothing more than average?:confused: Find some one with some potential at least.:nono:

Bromell is a lost cause, let the Vikings pay way too much for a dirty player like Bromell. Heck, Wadesworth would be a better signing than Bromell.

Reynaldo Wynn would be better than Brommell as a pure stituational pass rusher and he could be had for a decent salary I'm sure.

I think I could be a better pass rusher than Bromell just because I wouldn't get flagged for 15 yards every other play that I was in the damn game. Bromell is better off falling on the ground after the snap because then he wouldn't get penalties. Oh wait, that wouldn't work, he would find some way to get penalized. Nevermind the playing dead trick.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Reynaldo Wynn would be better than Brommell as a pure stituational pass rusher and he could be had for a decent salary I'm sure.

Is Wynn a FA or did the Jags cut him?

Good thinking guys however there isn't a viable option out there who can come in and immediately apply 6 sacks playing just passing downs beyond Bromell himself. Hence why the market for him is pretty decent right now. It's a weak FA year.

So are you going to let Bromell go even though he's a young guy who is providing 6 sacks right now and has the potential to be a double digit pass rusher.

Let me also remind you that he single handidly decided that one colts game for us when he knocked the crap outta Peyton Manning. Making his face look even more goofy then it use to.

The 15 yard penalties can be fixed. Finding a guy who has potential to do double digit sacks like Bromell will be in the next few years isn't so easy to find a fix for.

BIG PROPS TO WANN-SPEIL ON THIS OFFSEASON, EVEN IF THEY DO NOTHING ELSE(But I'm sure we still have much more to look forward to.)

As far as Bromell goes; he's a good pass rusher who could spell Gardner on obvious passing downs (assuming the DG move to end happens.) He's not worth big bucks but a moderate pay check would not hurt. There really aren't any other options out there that will be a signifigant upgrade and who know the system and the team.

For a decent price, he's worth keeping around. Also, Van's right, the 15 yarders can be corrected. I'll attribute them to youth and aggression; both good qualities, that if honed, can make him excellent. :)

Back
Top Bottom