What about Lionel Turner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Lionel Turner?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
we picked him up because he is a former LSU player and went undrafted. Is this LB any good?

Lionel Turner Grade: 3.29
Position: ILB
Class: Sr
School: LSU
Conference: SEC
Ht., Wt.: 6-2, 258
40 Time: 4.92
Grading System

BIO: Three-year starter and first team All-Conference selection as a senior after posting 82/4.5/2. Junior totals included 78/5/3 when he was honorable mention All-SEC.

POSITIVES: Forceful, run-stuffing linebacker who struggles in pass coverage. Diagnoses the action and quickly locates the ball. Disciplined defender who stays with assignments. Defeats blocks on his way to the play, stacks well against the run and wraps up tackling. Forceful up the field on the blitz and quick filling gaps to stop ballcarriers. Mentally alert and works hard.

NEGATIVES: Lacks speed to the flanks, struggles moving laterally and slow redirecting to ballcarriers.

ANALYSIS: A straight-line player best going downhill, Turner is a two-down defender. Offers both size and strength as well as football intangibles, which could help him catch on as a backup.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Well im sure Billicheck or whatever his last name is woulda got him to be his newest mlb...i think Turner could be a good 3-4 linebacker..cause i know that Ed Hartwell has a big frame like Turner too

Back
Top Bottom