what about mark brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about mark brunell

dolphinfan34

I can do all things through christ!!!!
Reaction score
yeah he may be old but he is a good veteran to come in teach griese and if he has to feidler the ropes he could start in miami two jor three years get us to the play-offs and he could train the younger quarterbacks while he is there.

i beleive in getting rid of feidler because griese is a really good quarterback cause you figure what he has done in denver an trying to feel john elways shoes he done a good job. the only problem with griese is that the o-line practiced with jay so much when a new qb came in there timing was off same problem last year with ray lucas, it will take them a few games or practices to get in sinc but if they had all offseason to practice together griese would be a big help in miami.

Griese is not a great QB

Originally posted by dolphinfan34
i beleive in getting rid of feidler because griese is a really good quarterback cause you figure what he has done in denver an trying to feel john elways shoes he done a good job. the only problem with griese is that the o-line practiced with jay so much when a new qb came in there timing was off same problem last year with ray lucas, it will take them a few games or practices to get in sinc but if they had all offseason to practice together griese would be a big help in miami.

He showed that in Denver and he showed that here in Miami. Especially in the washington game, where he had time to make plays but constantly overthrew open recievers and made poor decisions. Even with a decent o-line Griese is inconsitant. Aside from his pro-bowl year, he's made some boneheaded plays to kill DEnver's playoff run. Remember that infamous game where Bromell(I think) pick off a pass and returned to the house. Denver was running on us all day long and had us beat and who loses the game for them... Griese. If his last name was different, I doubt he'd get the props that he does now.

that might be so but how long does he get to practice with the first string and show really what he can do.In that year you are talking about steve buerline started most of the games.so that proves my point you have to pracvtice to get in sinc with everyone else.

that might be so but how long does he get to practice with the first string and show really what he can do.In that year you are talking about steve buerline started most of the games.so that proves my point you have to pracvtice to get in sinc with everyone else.
griese went to the pro-bowl in 2000 and has had 4 years in denver to play with all pros around him there were no excuses.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I say get rid of Griese, restructure Jay, and have him battle with Sage and FA/Rookie.

No way. Get rid of both of them, sign a veteran QB(definately NOT Warner), and draft a QB to be groomed(i.e. J.P. Losman).

Does the Fiedler supporter user title have something to do with your decision? :D

i think brunell would be great.. but if the team decides that they are going to totally start from scratch again, i dont think they will go for him.. they are still very close if they can manage to keep their defense.
i think its very possible they get brunell.. and somehow, someway.. i see bill cowher coming here next year. dont know how wayne is gonna pull it off, but its not beyond the realm of possiblity.

actually i'm in favor in warner (after being against him so long).

if you ever watched the St. Louis games you notice how when KW was QB marshall fualk touched the ball 10 times or less? but when Bulger is QB MF has 20+ touches?

hopefully the time warner has spent on the bench has helped him with his injuries (always being rushed in to soon).

but brunnel is not a better option... not at all.

Brunell was on his way to a decent season before JAX fell out of contention quickly and went to Leftwich (defense let brunell down)... he still can get the job done, wouldnt that be wierd if we kept jay as a backup, signed Mark Brunell, and brought in Tom Coughlin...wow we would get the Miami Jagfins thats for sure....

Griese had pro bowlers on both sides of the ball, including his line, he had terrell davis, and he had clinton portis last year, Ed McCaffery, Rod Smith, the list goes on and on, and he did jack squat with that, how could any of you expected him to do anything with NO talent here?

Im all for Brunell...

I'm not in favor of bringing a washed up old man in here. Sage is not a starting qb, and neither is Jay. We need to get someone in the draft, and survive another year possibley with Jay.

I'd rather have someone new, then a FA qb, or washed up veteran.

Trade Wally and maybe MAdison for a top 5 pick, Rothlesberger, Eli Manning, Rivers?

wow that would be amazing...

we could also trade fletcher for a 6 pack of natty light...thats all we would get :lol:

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Trade Wally and maybe MAdison for a top 5 pick, Rothlesberger, Eli Manning, Rivers?

wow that would be amazing...

we could also trade fletcher for a 6 pack of natty light...thats all we would get :lol:

wally isn't going to be traded #1... and #2 rivers won't be a top 5 pick.

yeah he may be old but he is a good veteran to come in teach griese and if he has to feidler the ropes he could start in miami two jor three years get us to the play-offs and he could train the younger quarterbacks while he is there.

Mark Brunell wil be great choice but drop Griese part.

Back
Top Bottom