what about Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about Miami

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Something came to my mind, and I was wondering if there is any signature thing that Miami does at home in the stadiums, whether its fans or players, etc. I, unfortunately have never been to a home in Miami, since I live New York, I've been to Florida but not during football season. For example, there's that really annoying, obnoxious Jets fan, some bald dude, and has a fireman hat, Fireman joe or something I don't no, but whenever I watch a game where miamis at New York the camera always seems to locate the guy hollering and getting other Jets fans fired up, He was the guy that probably started the 1st grade chant J-E-T-S jets jets jets, good job jets fans...you pass the first grade, A+ :) Then there's the black hole for the Oakland Raider fans, and the group of fans that dress as skeletons or have black shoulder pads with spikes. Washington Redskin fans dress like hogs or something, which I really don't get. The Steeler fans waving their yellow towels. The Cleveland Browns in the 90's before the franchise left the city, had the dog pound, and that fat dude that wore the dog mask. The Denver Broncos when Elway and T.D played, had the mile high salute. Falcons players and the dirty bird dance which was kind of stupid but nonetheless. I've been to a Buffalo Bills stadium for a Dolphins game, and there are a billion elvis pressleys, but I think Elvis is in every teams stadium. They have the stampede charge before kickoff, and a corny "you make me want to shout" "Let's go Buffalo part" song after they score. I can't believe some Buffalo Bill fans actually buy the Buffalo wing hat, it is the dumbest looking hat I've ever seen in my life, I don't know if anyone has seen it before or not. Well, anyway, Has Miami now or in the past have any signature thing done in the stadium via fans/players, etc?

cltchperf said:
Something came to my mind, and I was wondering if there is any signature thing that Miami does at home in the stadiums, whether its fans or players, etc. I, unfortunately have never been to a home in Miami, since I live New York, I've been to Florida but not during football season. For example, there's that really annoying, obnoxious Jets fan, some bald dude, and has a fireman hat, Fireman joe or something I don't no, but whenever I watch a game where miamis at New York the camera always seems to locate the guy hollering and getting other Jets fans fired up, He was the guy that probably started the 1st grade chant J-E-T-S jets jets jets, good job jets fans...you pass the first grade, A+ Then there's the black hole for the Oakland Raider fans, and the group of fans that dress as skeletons or have black shoulder pads with spikes. Washington Redskin fans dress like hogs or something, which I really don't get. The Steeler fans waving their yellow towels. The Cleveland Browns in the 90's before the franchise left the city, had the dog pound, and that fat dude that wore the dog mask. The Denver Broncos when Elway and T.D played, had the mile high salute. Falcons players and the dirty bird dance which was kind of stupid but nonetheless. I've been to a Buffalo Bills stadium for a Dolphins game, and there are a billion elvis pressleys, but I think Elvis is in every teams stadium. They have the stampede charge before kickoff, and a corny "you make me want to shout" "Let's go Buffalo part" song after they score. I can't believe some Buffalo Bill fans actually buy the Buffalo wing hat, it is the dumbest looking hat I've ever seen in my life, I don't know if anyone has seen it before or not. Well, anyway, Has Miami now or in the past have any signature thing done in the stadium via fans/players, etc?

If your really a good franchise people wont remember you for your signature...just how you played the game!

1972 finz all the way baby!!!

Buddwalk said:
If your really a good franchise people wont remember you for your signature...just how you played the game!

That's true for the most part, but the steelers are a good franchise, fans do the yellow towel waving, but that signature some history to it, which started durint the beginning of the Steeler's (Steel curtain) dynasty in the seventies. The mean Joe Greene, Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann era.

The patriots now are the closest thing to a dynasty....whats there trademark nothing...just being one hell of a team

like i said if you are a great team then you will be remembered most for that then any stupid towell waving thing

Buddwalk said:

Another good franchise that is know for it's play, and also of it's legendary coach, player's etc, and is defintely a football town are The Green Bay Packers. But also have some well-known signatures, I can't believe I forgot to add the Packers on that list. The Lambeau Leap, and the cheese heads. It doesn't necessarily have to be well known nation wide, the packers signature stuff obviously is though.

Buddwalk said:
The patriots now are the closest thing to a dynasty....whats there trademark nothing...just being one hell of a team

like i said if you are a great team then you will be remembered most for that then any stupid towell waving thing

I was just wondering, I didn't say it was important, or anything. But great teams are always known for their play, or players like they should, those obviously don't over shadow trademark stuff, but a trademark can compliment a great team, or give it a personality.

Earlier in the team history they used to have the dolphins jump out of the water in the endzone.

Nah....we just have great looking, scantily clad women in the stadium (besides the cheerleaders). Other than that, we just like to watch football and cheer our team...

Do they still play that Miami Dolphins#1 song they ripped off from the Oilers? :D

LarryFinFan said:
Nah....we just have great looking, scantily clad women in the stadium (besides the cheerleaders). Other than that, we just like to watch football and cheer our team...

I guess no one remembers the good old days at the Orange Bowl when the white hankys were waved after every score or successful play. ANd Dolphin Denny. RIP

I was at the Miami vs Baltimore game it M & T Bank stadium and everytime they get a first down they have a picture of Ogden doing the first down signal on the Megatron and everybody yells "move those chains" together.

Back
Top Bottom