what about MIKE WILLIAMS? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what about MIKE WILLIAMS?

One4theThumb said:
mike will woudl be our new gadsden , i agree...hes the possesion guy we need.

Gadsden isn't worth an early 1st rd pick either

Braylon Edwards - 39 TD's 4 years

Mike Williams - 30 TD's 2 years :eek:

You guys figure the math --- Enough said!
MW at #7 would be just fine with me......

BLUESTIGIDY said:
Braylon Edwards - 39 TD's 4 years

Mike Williams - 30 TD's 2 years :eek:

You guys figure the math --- Enough said!
MW at #7 would be just fine with me......
yeah!!!!!!! great stat!

None of you are looking at the fact that Mike Williams will be nothing but a short yardage receiver in the NFL if he stays as a wide out. He's not going to be able to gain separation from NFL corners. He lacks the speed and quickness to do so.

KB21 said:
None of you are looking at the fact that Mike Williams will be nothing but a short yardage receiver in the NFL if he stays as a wide out. He's not going to be able to gain separation from NFL corners. He lacks the speed and quickness to do so.
we dont need a deep threat...we have chambers. we need a red zone machine...

If mike williams is nothing but a poseesion reciver which is so untrue it is still exactly wat this offense needs another player to go over the middle and make catches giving mcmichael a chance to have more impact in our offense if u get williams going over the middle then teams dont have to worry weather mcmichael runs down the middle of the field or does an out on a linebacker which puts us in some good situations matchup wise

plus like one4thethumb said he is a redzone machine if u throw the ball up high who is gonna get higher than this guy he will come down with everything

Dolfan4life34 said:
plus like one4thethumb said he is a redzone machine if u throw the ball up high who is gonna get higher than this guy he will come down with everything
thank you...exactly!

If that's all you want, then just split Randy McMichael out wide. You will get the same effect.

KB21 said:
If that's all you want, then just split Randy McMichael out wide. You will get the same effect.
williams is much faster...and he has better hands...and hes taller and jumps higher. what kind of draft guru are u? u prolly think williamson is the best wr.

are you kidding mike williams is not as slow as everyone takes him for plus at 230 how many cornerbacks are gonna tackle this guy in the open field i say we trade wit minny nab him and a lb like merriman or an end like marcus spears and then go with baas or walters and grab a potential good nfl rb in marion barber III and thats a solid 1st day

KB21 said:

Don't be so loose with that word fact. It's nothing but an opinion. And a pathetic one at that, IMO.

Some of us have superior memories. And watched Williams firsthand. He plays faster than he times and his speed isn't relegated to footspeed. He makes instant adjustments when the ball is nearing his grasp, constantly putting the DB in the inferior position. It's like a basketball rebounder with surreal instincts and positioning. Nothing that touches his hands escapes, especially if he's battling with a DB. I've only seen drops a couple of times when he was all alone and looked upfield too soon.

Mike Williams will be a Pro Bowl WR. Braylon Edwards may have a higher upside, but his inferior hands and instincts and comparitive immaturity make Williams an easy call above him. Regardless of which order they go in.

KB21 said:

You are spending plenty of credibility with Monty Python like that. It's called college football. Watch some of it.

Shifty187 said:
They both are actually but Edwards is much faster and runs much better routes!

Um No. Edwars is faster but not much and Williams is bigger. Edwards doesnt run better routes and Mike Williams has unbelieveable body control while Edwards is just ok here.

The knocks on Williams (maybe has a weight problem maybe not as physical as he can be) can all be fixed with NFL level coaching. Edwards knocks( lack of concentration lack of good body control cannot be taught)

bigblade is correct and the fact of the matter is mike williams is the best wide reciver in this draft and prob the best player in it he has the potential to be amazing and that is wat he will be my mock stays the same williams merriman baas barber were do we go wrong with that

Back
Top Bottom