What about Rice? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Rice?

For a team that is trying to get younger and faster and rebuild, we sure have a fans that want to bring in old, slow guys to "mentor" the rest of the team. If we are trying to get younger, that means we already have several older guys. Can't they be the mentors?

CanadianPhinFan said:
I'd sign him for a year as a mentor to Chambers and for some leadership. He would be a good 3rd reciever, but I'd prefer Boston.

Its going to come to a point that we will have to release some fairly good players to make the 53 man roster. If Rice is taking up a spot, then thats one less player we can keep. If Rice wants to hang up his cleats I'd love to sign him as an assistant WRs coach, but not as a player.

Dolfan1000 said:
He is already too old.

Even 1 year is too much.

There are too many better (potentially) options out there: Hakim, Boston, Gardener, Morton etc.
He was good enough to tear us up last season...

snap said:
What would you guys think about us signing Jerry Rice? I think he would be a positive influence in the locker room and a good mentor for Chris Chambers. Have at it!! :cooldude:

I'd rather bring back Cris Carter. :lol:

KuD said:
I'd rather bring back Cris Carter. :lol:

Whatd u think of IceMans fight last..Saturday..i believe?

Tore him up pretty quickly in tht 2nd round.

snap said:
What would you guys think about us signing Jerry Rice? I think he would be a positive influence in the locker room and a good mentor for Chris Chambers. Have at it!! :cooldude:

Did you really just say that? It ain't 1995 anymore.

After watching sportscenter yesterday, I rolled my eyes knowing someone would make a thread here about him. :shakeno:

noooooooooooooooo. We dont need a mentor for Chambers Boston and Booker. :lol:

We have Chambers/Booker/Boston/Thompson as our penciled 1-4 Wrs. Newsome Gillmore and Davis can fight it out for the #5 spot. We dont need Jerry Rice. :lol:

It's such a shame that a legend like Jerry Rice 1) can't get a job and 2) doesn't know when to call it quits. I'd love to see him play another year, but it remains to be seen if he can.

Bigbucks24 said:
For a team that is trying to get younger and faster and rebuild, we sure have a fans that want to bring in old, slow guys to "mentor" the rest of the team. If we are trying to get younger, that means we already have several older guys. Can't they be the mentors?

booker or rice....hmmmm :lol:

pigskinguy said:
Did you really just say that? It ain't 1995 anymore.

yes i did....jerry rice is a legend...after last year's fiasco of an offseason anything positive to go along with our already great off-season would be great....where were you in '95 anyway boss?? :yell:

Back
Top Bottom