What about spurrier? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about spurrier?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know I'm going to have to duck and run after this one but.....

Why not bring Spurrier in as a GM (if he'd be willing). He said head coach was tough, maybe just make him the dolphins GM. He's a good judge of talent and knows the guys coming out of college ball really well. Not to mention he's a Florida favorite.

It would also give him some time to get his feet back underneat himself, and 2 years down the road IF wanny is sinking again, we'd at least have an option for head coach within the organization.

ok..shoot away

a GM? he isn't qualified...

clear.gif

This is absolutely insane.

What does Spurrer know about evaluating talent?? In college it's easy. You just pick the best players/athletes out of high school. A far cry from doing it in the NFL, where everyone is an athlete and teams are restricted by the salary cap. I'd rather have Danny Ainge come in and decimate the franchise in one quick, fatal swoop.

Spurrier's a football coach, plain and simple. He's not anything else. And he won't even be doing that for at least a year. His battery is dead. Time to recharge.

Whether or not he can evaluate talent or not (letting Davis go?) isn't enough. A GM also has to understand the salary cap, making trades, admin, etc. He is not close to being qualified.

NO F-IN WAY!!!!...We signed Wanny who was not qualified to be The Miami Dolphins HC and look whats happened!!!....Spurrier is not a GM or a NFL HC period...let him go back to college where he sucked also!!!

Back
Top Bottom