What about Wolf? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about Wolf?

MiamiFan1354

Clumpys #1 Fan
Reaction score
Ok, now we know Speilman will be making our draft choices, but who will be giving him the insider info? There was no news that I saw on Wolf. Is he pissed they didn't pick Thompson? Just wondering..

Wolf wont be here.. That would be a positive change.. The dolphins dont want to make any changes, they think they are fine just the way they are..

They have been sayin we are doing well for the last two season, and I don't remember a playoff appearence in those past two seasons either. I think we need Wolf, at least to start Rick in the right direction.

I highly doubt Wolf will come here anymore. He would have come here if thomson was hired, but that isnt the case. Wolf is the only guy that wayne would have replaced speilman with. Wayne likes to bet on a sure thing. I really dont see any changes taking place soon. Marino doesnt have much power now, it says in an article in the Sunsentinal that he does not have the power to hire/fire coaches. Since wayne "does not know much about football," Marino is more of a supervisor that gives input to wayne to make decisions, I can see the same progressive slide happening in Miami since Wanny came here. The only good thing that should come out of this, is that Marino will eventually gain more power throughout the years, and inevitably own the team at some point. If marino was owner, wanny would have never been here. This is when you can expect big changes to take place.

Jones or Wayne said that Wolf has not yet returned his phone call, but that they wanted Wolf to work as a consultant on an as-needed basis, i.e. if they wanted Wolf to compare a couple of QBs to see who he is thinks is better they w/call him; but he w/not go to the office ever so to speak...
Wayne Huizenga

“Eddie, there is a misconception as to what Ron Wolf’s role will be. I read in the paper a little bit about ‘how could someone report to a consultant?’ It’s the other way around. If Coach Wannstedt wanted some input, he would call someone like Ron Wolf and say, ‘how about coming over and look at some people with me,’ or Rick (Spielman) might pick up the phone and call. It’s not that they would report to a consultant or he would have a full-time role or anything. He would be available on call if either Dan (Marino) Rick (Spielman) or Dave (Wannstedt) wanted him tocome in and work with us.â€Â

Back
Top Bottom