What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21...

So you think you have a better chance of getting a good player with #21 and #55 compared to trading back and having something like #29, #55 and #93.

I’m not advocating trading back loads of places but if you think you are getting a “supermodel” at #21 but someone “average” at #29 then maybe you need to look at how you are evaluating players.
Not only do I think it, history shows that’s accurate. More later picks do not equate to better success than fewer earlier picks. Just doesn’t.

It's not negativity, I just wouldn't be shocked if Worthy was the pick knowing Grier a) doesn't draft for need b) has no problem adding to a strength and c) we obviously love speed. A lot of you won't like it if it does happen, but we always feel that way during every draft it seems.
I think ppl would warm up to Worthy after watching his tape. The guy is skinny but he's very very good.

21 is too high for him tho, if we trade down at 21, that's when Worthy comes into play.

At 21, there is gonna be a top 10ish type player still on the board.

I think ppl would warm up to Worthy after watching his tape. The guy is skinny but he's very very good.

21 is too high for him tho, if we trade down at 21, that's when Worthy comes into play.

Agree. Not even sure I take him at 55, depending who else is there. That has more to do with general thoughts than the individual, though.

I would have reservations about him getting off the line and into routers on time against NFL quality press coverage, as well as what one could realistically expect from a blocking standpoint.

Agree. Not even sure I take him at 55, depending who else is there. That has more to do with general thoughts than the individual, though.

I would have reservations about him getting off the line and into routers on time against NFL quality press coverage, as well as what one could realistically expect from a blocking standpoint.
I'm less worried about it bc let's be honest the league wants these guys to score points. It's not like it was when we were younger, guys like Worthy and Devante Smith have a place in the league now... 15 years ago these guys would be borderline ubdraftable.

He’s EXACTLY the same height and weight as Devonta Smith, just faster.

I wonder if miami is getting out this attention of them wanting worthy, because they know teams behind them are wr need like Bills or chiefs. They could garner picks of trading down or such teams jump ahead of miami to get worthy because they think miami takes him and that opens up a talented ol or DT, pass rusher that falls to miami and not picked up before miami. We'll see, it might be strategy than them actually wanting to draft him
Wait, you’re saying they might be misleading people?

Wait, you’re saying they might be misleading people?
possibly....
Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

Well, Grier didn't want a Lambo to go with the Ferrari and Porsce. He said "here Kansas City, you can give mahomes a brand new Corvette"(Xavier worthy) we will happily keep our 1977 pinto (barrios)

Back
Top Bottom