What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Albert Breer is hearing when it comes to pick #21...

Really, that's the best you can come up with... Negativaty? I hope you are just being sarcastic!
It's not negativity, I just wouldn't be shocked if Worthy was the pick knowing Grier a) doesn't draft for need b) has no problem adding to a strength and c) we obviously love speed. A lot of you won't like it if it does happen, but we always feel that way during every draft it seems.

You obviously haven’t been a MD fan very long have you. The strategy you speak of hasn’t worked. Just for context I know this intimately well since I’ve been a fan since season one. 1966.
Not as long as others, only 38 years and counting so far.

Just because it hasn't worked in the past (while it has worked for other teams) doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying it. It's simply playing the percentages, the more picks you have the more likely you are to hit on some.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Grier believes in drafting "impact" players in the first round...in other words: Edge, WR, CB, QB, DT. That is one reason this team has suffered in January football. Speed is great in Sept-Nov but is less of a factor than brawn in Dec-Jan. Don't be surprised if Grier by passes elite OL for a sexier pick. i personally would go OT and IOL in the first two rounds and FINALLY solve the issue that has been plaguing this team for the last 4 years!
He likes picking positions that are expensive on your cap with a 1st round pick. QB, WR, T, DE, CB.

It makes sense what he is doing, trying to pick an impact player at a costly position on a relatively small cap hit for 5 years.

Just because it hasn't worked in the past (while it has worked for other teams) doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying it. It's simply playing the percentages, the more picks you have the more likely you are to hit on some.
Wrong. The percentages clearly are much greater at hitting on an impact player at the top of the draft.

He likes picking positions that are expensive on your cap with a 1st round pick. QB, WR, T, DE, CB.

It makes sense what he is doing, trying to pick an impact player at a costly position on a relatively small cap hit for 5 years.

I don't know how accurate that is. He took Christian Wilkins 13th overall and he was essentially the first pick of a rebuild. And while not a first round pick, he did take Jevon Holland 36th overall as well.

All positions are costly at this point and all positions are rather important. If San Fran had a better RG they likely would've won the Super Bowl.

I fully expect we'll be taking a DT or OG in the first round this year with an outside chance at an OT or CB. I don't think the edge guys make it to 21.

Last edited:
Wrong. The percentages clearly are much greater at hitting on an impact player at the top of the draft.
This.

I'm not sure why, but you can spell it out clearly with historic facts and mathematical statistics round by round one day, and the next day you see the same illogical (given the information) statement.

Im starting to think this has some weight to it. I can absolutely see McDaniel pitching his offense vision with Waddle, Hill, Worthy, and Achane to Grier. Grier has gave McDaniel what he wanted by trading for Hill, bringing in Mostert, and drafting Achane. I think Worthy is absolutely in play, just don't know if Grier tries to trade down or not to select him.

This.

I'm not sure why, but you can spell it out clearly with historic facts and mathematical statistics round by round one day, and the next day you see the same illogical (given the information) statement.
Which would you rather have 1-supermodel of your choice or 2- three mid-average looking chicks? Now to clarify, I didn’t say you could have those three girls in a room at the same time. Lol

Which would you rather have 1-supermodel of your choice or 2- three mid-average looking chicks? Now to clarify, I didn’t say you could have those three girls in a room at the same time. Lol
Depends. If I'm a pimp and a top girl can get $1000 an hour, but the middle girl can only get $200, well..............

Great point. So, in this draft player who could fit and be in Miami's range...

QB - forget about it, but could help in a trade down scenario.

Wr. - Thomas, Worthy

T - Mims, Guyton, Barton, Morgan

DE - Verse, Latu, C. Robinson, D. Robinson

CB - Mitchell, Wiggins, DeJean

That was always Jimmy Johnson's philosophy. The draft sure was more fun when he ran it for the Dolphins.

So you think you have a better chance of getting a good player with #21 and #55 compared to trading back and having something like #29, #55 and #93.

I’m not advocating trading back loads of places but if you think you are getting a “supermodel” at #21 but someone “average” at #29 then maybe you need to look at how you are evaluating players.

Back
Top Bottom