What are Saban's mini camps like compared to Jimmy's and Wanny's? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are Saban's mini camps like compared to Jimmy's and Wanny's?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
Is he doing all the right stuff to get the team prepared for the season...I guess im just paranoid that because he was a college football coach he doesn't know all the ins and outs of the NFL as far as preparing them for a 16 game season...I just hope that he is more than Wanny did as far as camps go...To all the people who went to camp...Does Saban run a tight ship or does it look sloppy out there? and is he doing all the necessesary things to get this team ready?

Everyone said it's more organized and it's more intense. No one is standing around. They're always moving.

I can't compare them to anything I saw under Dave. Much more focused under Saban there....

As for Jimmy, I hardly remember anything about his camps. It was vanilla through and through. All Jimmy cared about was running the football, but when he would draft guys like Avery / Collins / Johnson, what did he expect??

Saban makes those guys look weak in comparison. That's just my own opinion...

PHINZ RULE!!!

All the coordinators have long time NFL experience. The jump to the NFL isn't going be an obstacle for him, organizationally.

So far many of the players have commented on how much detailed instruction Saban gives. I think its fair to say thats a big change from Wannabe's minicamps. As for JJ, he was more about motivation than about teaching the intracasies of individual positions.

edit: As for being a college coach.....remember, he was the D Coordinator on the Browns team that had the #1 ranked Defense. I think he knows how to prepare a team for a 16 game season.

Back
Top Bottom