What are the chances of drafting McGahee? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the chances of drafting McGahee?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I say 0...but do you think we should take a chance on him if the situation comes up and hes still available for the very late (5th-8th) rounds?....I know the Texans were gonna draft him but after he blew the knee they said theyre going after an O-Lineman, McGahee will be out to prove some teams wrong.

He is most definately not a need for the Dolphins.. It would just be a waste of a draft pick and a roster spot..

We are set with Ricky and Travis and apparently Edwards for a while..

Why do we need him? We have a guy named Ricky Williams here.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I say 0...but do you think we should take a chance on him if the situation comes up and hes still available for the very late (5th-8th) rounds?....I know the Texans were gonna draft him but after he blew the knee they said theyre going after an O-Lineman, McGahee will be out to prove some teams wrong.

Someone will take a chance on him......probably put him on IR for a year. He'd be worth a risk in the later rounds IMO. Oh yeah........the draft is only 7rounds now.

Let someone else waste a draft pick on him. We have more pressing needs with only four picks this year.

He'll be taken by someone before the third round and the 'Fins have too many need areas to address so there's zero chance of him coming to Miami.

Even if he did somehow land here, what then? Can't sit Ricky. Can't sit McGahee. By the time he is healthy, his trade value would have dropped to a 5th rounder at best. You'd have to play him to get his value back up, and that would cost Ricky. Its just a no win situation......

wow....i haven't heard that. I'd be shocked if someone spent a first round pick on a guy that will be out for a year......and may never return to form. That's a pretty big risk. Let me guess.....is your source someone high up in the bengals organization?

haha how'd you know? mike brown told me!! ahahah

matt millen has said that they would pick mcgahee maybe in rd 2...which is a high pick......

i read it i think at profootball weekly and tsn.com and heard it on tsn radio with one of their "experts" saying that a team with 2 first round picks will take him (IE OAKLAND) because they need a young rb and can afford to wait on him....

they all make comparisons to jamal lewis and fully believe mcgahee can make it all the way back the way lewis has.....

this is not my personal opinion(drafting him in the first) just something i have seen and heard more than once.....

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
haha how'd you know? mike brown told me!! ahahah

matt millen has said that they would pick mcgahee maybe in rd 2...which is a high pick......

Well.....the lions have soo much talent...they can afford to have one of their top picks sit out a year. It's not like they have many needs or anything. You know....i'm starting to believe the rumor that Millen wants to get fired.

i read it i think at profootball weekly and tsn.com and heard it on tsn radio with one of their "experts" saying that a team with 2 first round picks will take him (IE OAKLAND) because they need a young rb and can afford to wait on him....

they all make comparisons to jamal lewis and fully believe mcgahee can make it all the way back the way lewis has.....

this is not my personal opinion(drafting him in the first) just something i have seen and heard more than once.....

Oakland is a team that could afford to wait on him. That could happen......but i would be surprised to see a team pay a guy 1st round money......when he's going to be out a year.

Jamal Lewis still isn't all the way back IMO. He had a good year....better than most expected...but he isnt' the back to the way he was before the injury. I think he will be completely back in 2003.....if that's something to go off of......I'd say McGahee would be able to play in 2004......but wouldn't be completely back till 2005. Rookie contracts are ususally 4yrs. So his last year under contract would be 2006. I don't know if a team would pay him first round money and a bonus for that. I say he goes 3rd round at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom