What are the chances of drafting McGahee? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the chances of drafting McGahee?

Drafting McGahee will be smart. With Ricky here there would be no pressure on him to rehab from his knee injury too fast, and if he comes back as good as before (big IF) then we've got two good runners. If he slipped to the 4th round I would take him.

No matter what anyone says you can never have too many good players. What would happen if Ricky got injured seriously? I don't believe Minor could take over, and honestly Robert Edwards is still an injury threat. Besides, we could get Edwards and Minor back here for 2003, while McGahee spends the season on Injured Reserve.

The Jets drafted Lamont Jordan in the 2nd round even though they had Curtis Martin. If their OL could have gotten their crap together then it might have paid dividends this season. All the same he was still an intrical part of that offense that won them the division.

Once again I say, if McGahee slips to the 4th, I would take him. Right now predictions for him are the 3rd round.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The Jets drafted Lamont Jordan in the 2nd round even though they had Curtis Martin. If their OL could have gotten their crap together then it might have paid dividends this season. All the same he was still an intrical part of that offense that won them the division.

Well.....Martin is a little bit older than Williams is.....Jordan could be starting for the Jets in a couple years.....but you are right...it is important to have a good backup....but i'd make sure my team was set.....before i started using high draft picks trying to find a backup RB. Dallas used alot of picks getting backups for Emmitt in the 90's....but that team was so stacked......it didn't really matter....they didn't even need a draft. McGahee would be a great value in the 4th round and beyond. I guess it depends on your needs. I wouldn't be upset if the saints took McGahee in the 4th round....but we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds......i'm not sure how i'd feel if we only had 4 picks in the draft....and the first one being #49.

Back
Top Bottom