What are The Chances... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are The Chances...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...that we see Ryan Tannehill take a few snaps this season? That is if he shows dramatic, positives steps in his sideline progress. Could it happen? I mean if our season does not, and I truly hate to be on the negative, pan out and we are way below .500. What's your thinking on this point?

Matt Moore should start every single game this season no matter how awful he plays.

Maybe give Tannehill some late game mop up duty late in the season to get his toes wet.

its a very big chance that it happens, simply because i hear matt moore plays better then he practices so that means if tannihill has a better camp and preseason that moore then look by week1-4 tannehill takes over....so its all by how good tannehill have of a camp and how bad moore camp goes

or if our season is at a point where the playoffs are out of reach.

T-hill will have every chance to win the starting spot. If he plays well enough...he'll play.

I want tannehill to start obviously he has to earn it but if he does let him start give the kid a chance, You take a qb #8 so he is our guy if hes proven let him start and have some chemistry with the Wrs in year one. I like moore but at the same time he will not get us to the top so at least put tannehill and if he makes mistakes so be it everyone does. I'm just saying if our staff has confidence in him then let him me our Qb this season.

I really don't want Tannehill to turn into Alex Smith, Smith was forced into the starting lineup with the 49ers his rookie season, he was forced to learn the speed of the game under pressure. It didn't take him until last year to really get into the flow of things. And meanwhile Rodgers gets drafted by the Packers and just eases himself for a couple of years while he watches Favre, then when his time comes he's experienced and established chemistry and had game experience a few times.

Obviously there's a lot of Rookie QBs that do well their first season, like Cam Newton and Sam Bradford. I'm not saying it's impossible but I feel that it's best to let your QB ease into the game.

Garrard could win the competition for Game 1 ... that's a distinct possibility ... he's played as good as Moore in the past & Tanny's a rookie!!

I really don't want Tannehill to turn into Alex Smith, Smith was forced into the starting lineup with the 49ers his rookie season, he was forced to learn the speed of the game under pressure. It didn't take him until last year to really get into the flow of things. And meanwhile Rodgers gets drafted by the Packers and just eases himself for a couple of years while he watches Favre, then when his time comes he's experienced and established chemistry and had game experience a few times.

Obviously there's a lot of Rookie QBs that do well their first season, like Cam Newton and Sam Bradford. I'm not saying it's impossible but I feel that it's best to let your QB ease into the game.
well he had new offensive coordinators every year don't think that would happen to tannehill lol but yea i get you

Obviously, the worse we play he greater the chance. Both because we'll need a change but also because the expectations and pressure will then be less. I don't think he really has a shot to win the job in preseason.

Tannehill would have to outplay everyone BY A LOT. If its anywhere close to even he'll be holding clipboards and learning week to week. Guys dont want to hear this, but this is a transition year for the team (again). They'll be moving players and getting the guys that fit the new schemes, on both sides of the ball.

I think the FO is going to play it by ear....

I mean Tannehill has an advantage in that he practically knows the playbook already, so that automatically puts him ahead of Moore and Garrard. However, you still have the experience factor, which is what Tannehill lacks.

Unless Tannehill comes out the gates clearly steaming ahead of both Moore and Garrard, I don't see Tannehill starting from day 1.

As for the season itself, I think that if we have no shot at the playoffs within the last few games, they will put Tannehill in for experience purposes. But if we are playoff contenders till the end with Moore or Garrad, then I dont think we see Tannehill this season.

By no means should Tannehill be starting from game one, but I want him in there at least the last 5-6 weeks unless we happen to be in playoff contention. I think it would benefit him going into next year to get meaningful snaps this year. He has to be our opening day starter in 2013 or we've made a big mistake picking him at #8 IMO.

If Thill starting depends on Moore's success then we are in trouble. Moore is going to have serious issues with the WCO because of his lack of accuracy and feet. Lets home Garrard picks it up quicly and lets Tanny sit which is the best scenario for us.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom