What combination would be your first choice? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What combination would be your first choice?

Which combination would be your first choice?

• Total voters

DolphinDevil28

I like boobs.
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There are three names that have been mentioned lately in conjunction with the Dolphins possibly signing one or two of them.

Lance Schulters, free safety.

Manuel Wright, defensive tackle.

Ty Law, cornerback.

...If we could have two of the three, which combination would be your first choice?

I would go with Lance Schulters and Manuel Wright. How about you?

DolphinDevil28 said:
There are three names that have been mentioned lately in conjunction with the Dolphins possibly signing one or two of them.

Lance Schulters, free safety.

Manuel Wright, defensive tackle.

Ty Law, cornerback.

...If we could have two of the three, which combination would be your first choice?

I would go with Lance Schulters and Manuel Wright. How about you?

I agree with you. It's not just the question of there being no guarantee that Law can recover from the injury. It's the fact that he hasn't, and doesn't seem to be even close.

Screw just choosing two. Give me all 3. :chuckle:

If we can afford both Schulters and Law, then we could easily afford Wright.:wink:

My two would be Law and Schulters. When healthy we know they both can compete on an NFL level and we also have all our draft picks next season. I think someone will be dumb enough to put in a 2nd rounder for Wright, I don't think Saban will be that person.

Cannonboy said:
I took the first. No guarentees with Law.

There is more of a guarentee with Law than there is with Wright. If Law plays you get an all-pro CB. Wright played behind good DTs in collage. so if he could no dominate in collage and win playing time, only played due to injuries, what makes you so sure he would be a good pro?

godfater21 said:
There is more of a guarentee with Law than there is with Wright. If Law plays you get an all-pro CB. Wright played behind good DTs in collage. so if he could no dominate in collage and win playing time, only played due to injuries, what makes you so sure he would be a good pro?

:lol: It's only because he was younger. USC had a STACKED defensive line. It tells you he was that good just in the fact that he got any playing time whatsoever.

Had he been able to stay in school this year, he would have elevated his stock to a late first rounder or early second rounder for the normal draft.

DolphinDevil28 said:
:lol: It's only because he was younger. USC had a STACKED defensive line. It tells you he was that good just in the fact that he got any playing time whatsoever.

He played because other players where hurt that does not make him good it just means they had no other choice.

I read earlier this month that Wright's trainer claimed he ran a 2.70 and a 2.74 20-yard split. I'm trying to look for a real link on that to verify the comments. But if true, that's an insane time.

I'd like to know more about Wright before I make a decision. His July 8th Pro Day will help a bit.

As much as we need some young talent to develop at the DT position, acquiring both Law and Schulters would immediately bolster our secondary therefore placing us among the top defenses (on paper) in the league once again. Not to mention that if we picked up both that would mean that they signed for minimal cotracts, which is another plus. Im not at all sold on Manuel Wright but if Saban feels he is worthy of a 3rd-4th rounder, i wont be disappointed.

MadLib said:
Im not at all sold on Manuel Wright but if Saban feels he is worthy of a 3rd-4th rounder, i wont be disappointed.

So if we get him and he is out of the league in two years because he is just that awful. you will still be fine with it because Saban liked the guy?

remove your lipps from Sabans butt and form your own opinions it will be good for you trust me.

godfater21 said:
So if we get him and he is out of the league in two years because he is just that awful. you will still be fine with it because Saban liked the guy?

remove your lipps from Sabans butt and form your own opinions it will be good for you trust me.

First off, you need to ease up a bit. I said IM not sold on Wright. This is because I can honestly say ive never seen him play a down nor have I ever heard of him before the supplementary draft talk surfaced. And secondly, I have a lot more faith in Saban's eye for talent than I do myself.

Considering that Wright is a complete unknown whereas Schulters and Law are more dependable commodities, injured or not, and that we'd have to spend a pretty valuable draft pick to get Wright, I went with Schulters and Law. But this is a good problem to have if we do indeed have it.

byroan said:
Screw just choosing two. Give me all 3. :chuckle:

If we can afford both Schulters and Law, then we could easily afford Wright.:wink:

My two would be Law and Schulters. When healthy we know they both can compete on an NFL level and we also have all our draft picks next season. I think someone will be dumb enough to put in a 2nd rounder for Wright, I don't think Saban will be that person.

yup

Back
Top Bottom