What could happen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could happen

American Heart

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins 42, Eagle 17 (Feb 1, 2005)

Super Bowl 39 kicked off with the Dolphins special teams scoreing first. Travis Minor returned the kickoff 85 yards for the score, as the Dolphins went up 7-0.

The Eagles first possession was a successful one, with quaterback Donovan McNabb throwing a 3-yard TD to Freddie Mitchell with 10:27 left in the first.

There wouldnt be another score until the second quarter, when NFL MVP Ricky Williams busted through the Eagle defense for a 66-yard TD run.

The Eagles fired back with a 95-yard kickoff return by James Thrash.

The Eagles got the ball back on a punt and moved the ball all the way to the Dolphins 30-yard line where David Akers kicked a 40-yard field goal to put the Eagles up 17-14 with 5:55 left in the first half. That would be the last time the Eagles would score a point.

Dolphins quarterback Kurt Warner connected on a 66-yard bomb to Pro-Bowl reciever Chris Chambers to put the Dolphins back on top 21-17, where they remaine for the remainder of the game.

After a Patrick Surtain interception, Kurt Warner hooked up with Amani Toomer for a 50-yard TD strike that put the Dolphins at 28-17.

Kurt warner had 2 TD passes and was 23-35 for 266 yards and 1 int. Chris CHambers had 7 catches for 123 and 1 TD. Amani Toomer and Randy McMichael both had 5 catches, Toomer with 100-yards and 1 TD, and McMichael with 43-yards.

In the second half Ricky Williams showed why he was the NFL MVP. Ricky had 31 carries for 185 and 1 TD. His bruising style of running pounded the Eagle defense and ran chunks off the clock.

The second half showcased the Dolphins Defense. Surtain picked off McNabb for the second time in the game and took the pass all the way for the score. The Dolphins were in a commanding lead 35-17 deep into the fourth quater.

The Eagles tried to decrease the pint difference, but defensive player of the year, Terrell Buckley, picked off a screen pass to Duce Staley and returned it 55-yards for the score.

With a 42-17 Superbowl victory, the capped off a 13-3 season in which they started 1-3, but won 12 staight to make the playoffs and win the AFC East. The Dolphins finally live up to their expectations.

"We played a great game," said Superbowl MVP Patrick Surtain, "You couldnt have asked for a better performance from us." "I cant wait to send the former Phins in New England a lil taste of their own medicine, a picture of me and the guys with our rings on the wrong finger."

Sounds totally believable 'cept the part about T-buck being defensive player of the year. :goof:

whats up with that toomer talk ??? a friend of mine , who roots for the giants told me he is still under contract

Woohoooo!!! I hope we can repeat in 2006!

I could kind of see thinking it, but typing it all up? No offense or anything, but get a hobby!

Originally posted by Al13
whats up with that toomer talk ??? a friend of mine , who roots for the giants told me he is still under contract

I know, he's a free agent in 2005 :confused:

You must be smokin some good sh t man!

although I like the outcome, but really, Warner? T buck DPY?

I,d rather Manning and Surtain!

hey we are dreaming....right!

lol, yea, smoking that indo, but give t-buck credit, he has played better than madison has. and warner, well, i was tryin to stay realistic with some parts of it

T buck has played well, but if we are going to keep it realistic, I'd rather see Brunell. I'd hate to win the big game next year and have to look at warners wife, and hear him quoting the bible everywhere!

i juss have a hard time dealing with a ***uar on the team, its bad already with fiedler

Back
Top Bottom