What did you expect? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did you expect?

k33vinj

Vontae21Davis
Reaction score
So you thought we were suppose to come out gates firing on all cylinders. I guess you forgot that this the first preseason game. So you ignored the the fact that henne had two good passes dropped on him. You thought that a team with a new OC cant have miscommunications huh? So I guess we can start making predictions now right because preseason games can determine your season right? I guess everybody on offense should transition smoothly to an attack type offense right? I guess Marshall and Bush wouldntve made an impact in this game.

Do you actually think that we approached this game like regular preseason game. If that was the case then tell me why we held players out? Did anybody listen to the coach, he said that this game was for NON-STARTERS because has to evaluate these players.

And for once can we talk about the good that happened tonite?

I think #1 that shocked me was the deep bomb attempts. I feel like thats part of the offense now, atleast attempt deep bombs.

#2 Jimmy Wilson, that guy was EVERYWHERE and made more than decent plays.

#3 Phil Livas, I heard he was fast and could return, we hear that about a lot of guys. But this dude is for real. Nice F'in return, and fell on himself on decent returns that had a shot.

#4 Clyde Gates, they really like him, he was always out there, burned a good amount, and just missed him for what would have been a great TD. Plus he made a nice deep catch and that TD route/catch.

#5 Henne's response after starting as bad as a QB can. Finally hit Hartline after like 15 tries of missing him deep in past seasons.

It is what I expected. When missing your best 2 and arguably best 3 player on offense, installing a new O and not wanting to show too much, what do want? The one int was on Fassano. The second, even if Bess ran the wrong route, I wish I would have seen Henne pull it down and force the the DB closest to him to commit to him or the receiver by scrambling right.

The other thing I expected was the bashers to come out after the first preseason game and get stupid. I don't know if Henne is the answer. What I do know is having your top 3 players actually playing, having receivers hold on to the ball, some running help, and at least ok play from your O-line would certainly help a QB out right?

It went exactly how I expected.

The problem for me.... I didn't see us win many individual battles on offense... forget the excuses about new OC, lack of OTA's... whatever.... when you don't win the individual battles.... it's a problem that's got nothing to do with the gameplan... or lack there of...

Back
Top Bottom