What do we do now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do now?

the question was what do we do now? i will tell you what we will do now, punt , " remember its no sin to punt the ball" Dave (I am a genious) Wanstedt . just kidding i just wanted to throw a quote out there.
man i sure miss those quotes . not:roflmao:

We spend time collecting every dollar we can so we can go to Vegas and put all of it on Miami on the over 5.5 wins this year! I think thats the best bet in sports history!

PatsSuck456 said:
So we have gotten WR and DT good job Nick! You addresed to areas of concern. IMO now we should focus on the O line and maybe pick up a S or a CB
We also gotta restructure Randy's contract.

we take the girl in your sig out for a nice game of tag, wow she is hot, even with two numbers on!!!:roflmao: :roflmao:

painnotpleasure said:
I agree with everything you said except why Strong Safety? TeBucky isn't good against the pass but neither was Sammy Knight because he was slow and got burned. TeBucky Jones is good against the run and is a pretty good tackling Safety... I think he was a pretty good pickup for us and possibly even an improvement on Sammy Knight.

Sammy wasn't very fast, but he did get his share of INTs. I just think another SS would be good for camp competition and maybe depth.

painnotpleasure said:
I agree with everything you said except why Strong Safety? TeBucky isn't good against the pass but neither was Sammy Knight because he was slow and got burned. TeBucky Jones is good against the run and is a pretty good tackling Safety... I think he was a pretty good pickup for us and possibly even an improvement on Sammy Knight.

t Jones did have over a hudred tackles last saeson didn't he--can M Edwards be a starting CB , thats my concern

Whitedolphin54 said:
t Jones did have over a hudred tackles last saeson didn't he--can M Edwards be a starting CB , thats my concern

Edwards is a big concern. I feel pretty sure Saban will bring in another corner or two. Also, I think our defense will rely more on QB pressure to take some of the burden off our corners. Not to say we don't need quality corner back there anyway....but getting in the QBs face consistently certainly won't hurt.

Cb

I don't think Reggie Howard is starter material, and Mario edwards could start but in Tampa Bay maybe he was playing out of position but he was not impressive. The best thing would be for Daniels and Madison to start..

SCall13 said:
Edwards is a big concern. I feel pretty sure Saban will bring in another corner or two. Also, I think our defense will rely more on QB pressure to take some of the burden off our corners. Not to say we don't need quality corner back there anyway....but getting in the QBs face consistently certainly won't hurt.

thats a good point--it is important that the D line plays a big part this year--do you think they will blitz more, or just rely on the Lb's and line causing the pressure

R.W. will be a Dolphin. Stay tuned.

Dredd1050 said:
R.W. will be a Dolphin. Stay tuned.

already is....j/k

actually will we be able to afford him?

and will NS sign him to a couple of years deal, b/c he will get a mutli year deal somewhere

Whitedolphin54 said:
thats a good point--it is important that the D line plays a big part this year--do you think they will blitz more, or just rely on the Lb's and line causing the pressure
I forgot about Daniels,but with W Poole saban said when he had his injury that he would not have started anyway, cause he was basically young and had a lot to learn, and would be a nickle CB at best this year -why do you think it will be any different for daniels

sorry that was meant to quote bench , not me--too many ciders

remaining priorities.

1. safety
2. cb (nickle corner)
3. redo mcmikes' contract
signing rookies goes without saying.
unless someone falls into their lap i dont think they are going to add any olineman.. maybe a center but i doubt one gets cut.

Whitedolphin54 said:

I think we'll rely on being quicker up the middle on obvious passing downs.Taylor and possibly Roth in with Carter and Holliday will give us a lot of speed to get to the QB from the edges and pressure him up the middle. That will be key to this defense this year I think. I do like who Saban has brought in. He's really increased our speed on the defensive line. Nothing against Bowens and Chester. They were great on obvious running downs, but when we need some pass rush up the middle, it was basically non existent. That won't be the case this year.

Dolphins044 said:
Restructure Randy's contract and first find someone who can play a solid CB position. Then go out and search for OL.

I agree. And nice sig and avatar!!

Back
Top Bottom