What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you BELIEVE is the reason for not addressing the WR position this season?

Why did the Dolphins not address the WR position THIS season?

• Jeff Ireland didn't think it was necessary.

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • The Phins tried but trade(s) fell through.

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Philbin did not want additional receivers based on the options available.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • The salary cap prevented the Phins from doing it.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeff Ireland did think it was necessary but there were no suitable options.

Votes: 57 36.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters

oasis

Lost in the fog
Reaction score
This poll asks what YOU BELIEVE to be the reason the Dolphins did not address the WR position and get Tannehill more help on offense. Discuss below.

Other, Packers had no free agents on offense in Philbens time as oc. He builds through the draft. We will be taking more WRs higher in the draft this year.

I think that they were making moves that in the long run are going to be great for the team. On paper this team should not be in the playoff picture with one week to go. I think it is a show of just how much further along we are in what we all thought might be a 3 year overhaul of our team. I am sad we didn’t make the playoffs, but in a strange way it’s a good sad....Because I thought for sure we were going to be in the running for one of the top 5 picks in the draft. Happy to be on the edge of my seat till that kick sailed through the uprights in Steeler Town. Fins Up!!

Other, Packers had no free agents on offense in Philbens time as oc. He builds through the draft. We will be taking more WRs higher in the draft this year.
Agree with this, we filled a good few holes in the draft but couldn't fill them all, will get one or two with our first 5 picks.

Also, fins not making the playoffs should give Philben and Ireland a lot more time to watch young prospects. Just a positive spin on not making the playoffs which i thought was way out of reach at the beginning of the season.

Look we're not in the playoffs because of our kicker, yes we can blame Tannehill for not getting the TD's instead of a chance to make the field goal, but in my opinion, Tannehill did his job.

We were a few games out from making it, and beyond this point I could care less in debating whose fault it was.

You have to win your division to really have a legitimate chance of advancing.

I hope we can add some great additions to this team in the off-season and through the draft.

d-1

Philbin never had any say in GB, so this whole "He'll never get a FA WR" talk goes out the window.

Ireland makes personal decisions, if he goes to Philbin and asks his opnion on Wallace, Bowe or Jennings in a dolphins uniform next year, I doubt he's gonna LOL @ Ireland and say "nope, draft only mutha****a"

Where is the option for "Mid-season WR pick-ups are almost pointless because they will have little to no chemistry with the team/qb and it will take them weeks to comprehend the playbook."

Because I choose that one.

Except we didn't.

Ryan= franchise QB
martin=starting tackle for fins for next decade
miller= the sky is the limit
vernon= may be elite pass rushing DE
egnew= has skills and jury is still out.
mathews= will be great nfl wr with good size.

We did very well last year....

I don't understand why we didn't draft anyone until the 6th round. There were players I really wanted that were there when we drafted Egnew.

I think this season has made it painfully obvious that this team needs wide receivers who can make big plays, fight for the football in traffic, break tackles, and not trip over their own feet. If the position isn't addressed aggressively this offseason, I don't know what to tell you.

I think the plan all along was for this to be an evaluation year. Keep players who will by into the system, and dont make any hasty moves. That now is not more important than the future. Im sure they looked but the offers were beyond what they were looking for.

Back
Top Bottom